• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 year rule to start LTD up issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
    We don't want your sort back. Private sector IR35 regs came in, and it really showed the true mentality of most "contractors", and that the Govt was right to do so.
    You need to add 'I don't want to be rude' before being rude to avoid any trouble with the mods
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I don't wish to be rude but...

Some of your posts show a pretty fundamental lack of understanding about contracting. The fact you thought the new legislation was going to push everything inside so shut your company at the first hint and that you then didn't understand MVL properly. Then there is the question whether you can run an outside gig through a brolly, the redundancy question and so on.

It looks like you are just guessing or 'playing at being a contractor' and making fundamental mistakes. Granted it's easy to say in hindsight but I'm just wondering if you put some more focus in to running your business and understanding all the nuances around it would have helped you in most of the questions you've asked. Understand what you do, who you do it for, how you get paid and all that would help you in the long run rather than bouncing from issue to issue. Understandable if you were new to contracting but looking at your history you've been at it quite awhile and have used accountants and umbrellas and maybe not understood it all properly.

As I say, not trying to be rude but working on the bigger picture rather than picking up the pieces might serve you better in the future?
      We don't want your sort back. Private sector IR35 regs came in, and it really showed the true mentality of most "contractors", and that the Govt was right to do so.

You need to add 'I don't want to be rude' before being rude to avoid any trouble with the mods
      As you have already said many people did the same thing (and were advised by their paid accountants / advisers like myself to do so), so i'm not the only one who needs to increase their knowledge. It's good to see you have done so and are able to help people who come on forums to ask questions / discuss with those in the know, but it would also be helpful if you could stick to the point and not throw your weight around trying to show how big you are. There is no need to go through peoples posting history looking for ammunition to slate them on and the fact that you have had to learn tricks in pretending not to be rude when clearly that is the intention and showing experience of a repeat offender .... luckily some of us have graduated past school level.

As far as not wanting my sort I would think most people would prefer not to want the sort that are unnecessarily difficult and rude in general not just in IT. I did try and weed these people out by requesting no smart comments but even then a couple can't be helped.

Comment

Originally posted by RajaStyle View Post
        As you have already said many people did the same thing (and were advised by their paid accountants / advisers like myself to do so), so i'm not the only one who needs to increase their knowledge. It's good to see you have done so and are able to help people who come on forums to ask questions / discuss with those in the know, but it would also be helpful if you could stick to the point and not throw your weight around trying to show how big you are. There is no need to go through peoples posting history looking for ammunition to slate them on and the fact that you have had to learn tricks in pretending not to be rude when clearly that is the intention and showing experience of a repeat offender .... luckily some of us have graduated past school level.
        Many people did but it doesn't make it right. Many more who knew what was happening in their industry didn't. Sometimes the point isn't the answer to a bigger problem and looking back at history can uncover something else which I have, I admit, rather rudely pointed out. No one likes negative feedback. I'm just a random bloke on the internet reading a few lines of text. Something occured to me in that so, although a tad harsh, might have had some truths in it worth thinking about.
        We have some regulars on here who pop up year on year out with daft questions and it gets a bit wearing. Just a little thought about what they do for a living would seriously improve their knowledge to the point that not only do they not have to ask they may spot opportunities or deal with other things better than they have. Sadly these few never do and just bounce from problem to problem, i don't mean you here btw. Just pointing out an opportunity which I gaurantee you will work better for you if you pick up and action some of the points.

Sorry if it sounded harsh and you are offended. For once in a blue moon I genuinly didn't mean it a dig but my reputation preceeds me. Just trying to help.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Many people did but it doesn't make it right. Many more who knew what was happening in their industry didn't. Sometimes the point isn't the answer to a bigger problem and looking back at history can uncover something else which I have, I admit, rather rudely pointed out. No one likes negative feedback. I'm just a random bloke on the internet reading a few lines of text. Something occured to me in that so, although a tad harsh, might have had some truths in it worth thinking about.
          We have some regulars on here who pop up year on year out with daft questions and it gets a bit wearing. Just a little thought about what they do for a living would seriously improve their knowledge to the point that not only do they not have to ask they may spot opportunities or deal with other things better than they have. Sadly these few never do and just bounce from problem to problem, i don't mean you here btw. Just pointing out an opportunity which I gaurantee you will work better for you if you pick up and action some of the points.

Sorry if it sounded harsh and you are offended. For once in a blue moon I genuinly didn't mean it a dig but my reputation preceeds me. Just trying to help.
          Political correctness gone mad!

Comment

This thread just cracks me up.

Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

We don't want your sort back
              Who's "we"?

Is there now an official UK contracting body, and do you speak for it?

Comment

The question from OP is valid but some of the responses are truly abhorrent and reek of arrogance and superiority.

Comment

Originally posted by rs1969 View Post
                  The question from OP is valid but some of the responses are truly abhorrent and reek of arrogance and superiority.
                  And? That’s been true of some members in every forum I’ve been a member of in the past 20 years

i would also point out that my posts on this topic is just advice (sadly you are stuck using an umbrella unless you pay a heap load of tax).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

And? That’s been true of some members in every forum I’ve been a member of in the past 20 years

i would also point out that my posts on this topic is just advice (sadly you are stuck using an umbrella unless you pay a heap load of tax).
                    At this time of uncertainty there will be loads of such questions. Unfortunately the government seems to have messed up big time by first announcing that the worker’s intermediary is responsible for deciding the worker’s employment status and if the IR35 rules apply and now planning to put it back on individuals. I have closed down my limited company last year via MVL and now not sure what to do.

Considering the volatile situation we don't need rude answers. If someone doesn't want to help, then better to ignore the question and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by rs1969 View Post

At this time of uncertainty there will be loads of such questions. Unfortunately the government seems to have messed up big time by first announcing that the worker’s intermediary is responsible for deciding the worker’s employment status and if the IR35 rules apply and now planning to put it back on individuals. I have closed down my limited company last year via MVL and now not sure what to do.

Considering the volatile situation we don't need rude answers. If someone doesn't want to help, then better to ignore the question and move on.
                      You have failed to understand what an intermediary is.

It was the responsibility of the client to determine status. On Friday that responsibility returned to the contractor’s company ( that is the intermediary).

PS. Facts aren’t rude.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X