• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Contact number

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD Contact number

Hello,
    I know SJD are having some problems at the moment but it looks like my accountant left the company and they have not given me a new one.
    Does anyone have an alternative number I could use for them. Tried the ones on the website but they point to an email address and I am not getting any replies.

Thanks

Try 01442 353457 - that was the number I received in the original email about their systems being unavailable.

There's also a live chat facility https://sjdaccountancy.com/portal-maintenance/

Comment

What ever you do don't hold your breath while waiting for a useful reply from SJD!

Comment

If you've been given a new "accountant" now may be the perfect time to look at the recommended accountants thread and picking one that isn't a poorly paid working in a sausage factory.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
          What ever you do don't hold your breath while waiting for a reply from SJD!
          FTFY.

I had three new "accountants"* foisted on me in the last three months I was with them, all equally useless, which was a large part of why I left them. I would walk away now before they really cock something up.

* You don't have to be professionally qualified to be called or work as an accountant. As long as someone in the company has an ACCA, then that's all they need.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Indeed. During a sales pitch many years ago SJD once told me that they have X number of people studying some sort of path towards accountancy. I asked if they would allow drivers on the road with minimal supervision just because they're learning to drive.

The sooner people stop using these large sausage factory accountant companies the better. It is beyond me why people are still paying £120/month, sometimes including VAT, sometimes excluding VAT, to one of these huge machines that make multiple mistakes and can't be trusted.

Get a local accountant. If you're on outside IR35 contracts there is no way a local trusted accountant can't complete or give advice. With minimal effort you can confirm their advice online with tax and government announcements. If you have simple business circumstances you can complete your own business accounts too using Xero, Freeagent or a similar tool, paying a few quid to an accountant to double check the figures.

Comment

You also need the contact number for another accountant so you can leave SJD.

Think I'm joking. Just do a google search and look at everyone having problems. SJD Site:forums.contractoruk.com

You are overpaying a company to provide you a service and you've no one to provide that service and can't even speak to them. That's disgraceful. Leave.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In view of the current issues with SJD and co you might want this number handy 116123!
                (Yep its the samaritans!)
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You also need the contact number for another accountant so you can leave SJD.

Think I'm joking. Just do a google search and look at everyone having problems. SJD Site:forums.contractoruk.com

You are overpaying a company to fail to provide you a service and you've no one to provide that service and can't even speak to them. That's disgraceful. Leave.
                  FTFY

Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Looks to me like they quietly went out of business so they can keep collecting their fees. Nobody answers my emails and they failed to file approved VAT paperwork for Q3.

Comment

Working...
                    X