• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snacks, fruit and free lunches... Pt2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snacks, fruit and free lunches... Pt2

Apeshapes initial thread isn't working and as I don't remember that anything even close to that title has ever been asked before so is likely to be highly complicated but useful.

Apeshape, please feel free to ask your question again in this thread so we can help you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

It looks as if AS posted in a different forum and one of the other Mods tried to move it to this forum.

could you repost in this forum AS?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      It looks as if AS posted in a different forum and one of the other Mods tried to move it to this forum.

could you repost in this forum AS?
      Wasn't that bug fixed?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It doesn’t look like it.

Edit: Nope, not fixed.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Ah so just the usual case of AS not having a clue how companies work so can't differentiate basic things like this. Ah well. Nothing to see here. Kinda guessed it would be a bit of a ridiculous question. Just want to see how ridiculous.

Daft post of the year is going to be a very close run thing between free fruit (which isn't free) and moving between your office and your kitchen to do outside inside gigs it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              moving between your office and your kitchen to do outside inside gigs it seems.
              But if you sit on the patio wouldn't that guarentee it's an outside gig?

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post

But if you sit on the patio wouldn't that guarentee it's an outside gig?
                Muahahahha.. Yes, very good

You should have jumped on the other thread when it was in full flow. That would have confused the hell out of the OP

Comment

No idea what happened but I think there was a bug, time to update the boards?

But yeah, what's the consensus here other than 'it's a stupid question.....' never mind the fruit bit (not a fan of fruit) I just want to be able to get a lunch time mayo-egg bacon sarnie, coke and crisps off my company as an expense which I know I can do when working on location any way.

Comment

Originally posted by ApeShape View Post
                    No idea what happened but I think there was a bug, time to update the boards?

But yeah, what's the consensus here other than 'it's a stupid question.....' never mind the fruit bit (not a fan of fruit) I just want to be able to get a lunch time mayo-egg bacon sarnie, coke and crisps off my company as an expense which I know I can do when working on location any way.
                    Why? Or do you only eat when working for someone else? You get the tax relief on subsistence when, and only when, it is not practical to prepare your own food, e.g. you are working away from home.

Sounds silly perhaps, but that's the rule the judge would apply. If you have to do something whether or not you're working, it's not tax deductible.

And if you're really worried about 20% of the cost of a Tesco meal deal, then perhaps you ned a better gig.
                    Last edited by malvolio; 15 December 2021, 09:32.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X