• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hargreaves Landsdown pension transfer out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hargreaves Landsdown pension transfer out

Trying to find a discharge form for HL. No sign of one anywhere on their site.

I found this. It's old but is it still valid?
    Hargreaves Lansdown’s pension transfer process under fire - FTAdviser.com

Does anyone have any hints/tips to get this process moving?
    See You Next Tuesday

Ring them?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Ring them?
      you got a number? Cos I haven't. Secure message only.

I do have some experience of what the ombudsman is like though. I did a migration/merge of a complaints system a few years back. They are all sh*t scared of FOS rulings.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I think it might be, I’m researching S&S ISA’s and the general theme seems to be that HL are gits for dragging their feet when you want to leave them.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Trying to find a discharge form for HL. No sign of one anywhere on their site.

I found this. It's old but is it still valid?
          Hargreaves Lansdown’s pension transfer process under fire - FTAdviser.com

Does anyone have any hints/tips to get this process moving?
          If you transferring a pension from HL to another, you must contact the other first and ask them to initiate transfer from HL, providing your pension details. They then contact HL. Usually its an intercompany electronic system and takes about 3 weeks, but they may ask you to provide a signed form to start the process.

HL are currently way understaffed

Comment

Got their priority line on speed dial. Rang them earlier and they told me not to pass it on sorry.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I think it might be, I’m researching S&S ISA’s and the general theme seems to be that HL are gits for dragging their feet when you want to leave them.
              You have done very well avoiding them. There's no reason at all why anyone should continue to pay the outrageous charges to HL to own funds. Their marketing and sales teams are obviously world class and their return on capital as a business is incredible. Customer inertia is their best friend in that respect.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post

If you transferring a pension from HL to another, you must contact the other first and ask them to initiate transfer from HL, providing your pension details. They then contact HL. Usually its an intercompany electronic system and takes about 3 weeks, but they may ask you to provide a signed form to start the process.

HL are currently way understaffed
                But only in the transfers team. (My bold).
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I initiated my transfer out from HL recently.

I messaged them, and they sent me this link http://www.hl.co.uk/__data/assets/pd...r-Out-Form.pdf

They've been telling my new provider for last 10 days they are still processing transfer requests from first week of December.
                  Last edited by jmo21; 16 March 2021, 14:10.

Comment

They might be slow, but their number is on their website:
                    https://www.hl.co.uk/contact-us

Comment

Working...
                    X