• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Hargreaves Landsdown pension transfer out

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

    They might be slow, but their number is on their website:
    https://www.hl.co.uk/contact-us
    even better is this number 0117 980 9916

    That's the number that other providers use when doing a transfer. I had a 2 minute call with the 'wrong person' who sorted it out.
    Form received and sent

    See You Next Tuesday

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      I initiated my transfer out from HL recently.

      I messaged them, and they sent me this link http://www.hl.co.uk/__data/assets/pd...r-Out-Form.pdf

      They've been telling my new provider for last 10 days they are still processing transfer requests from first week of December.
      I queried this with my provider. They now say HL are telling them they are currently dealing with requests from week of 13th Jan.

      Comment


        #13
        Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

        I queried this with my provider. They now say HL are telling them they are currently dealing with requests from week of 13th Jan.
        I will update progress as mine goes through. I'm under no illusions. But it's not like I'm transferring cash (in specie). I'm transferring funds so any growth will carry on whilst it's done.
        See You Next Tuesday

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by Lance View Post

          I will update progress as mine goes through. I'm under no illusions. But it's not like I'm transferring cash (in specie). I'm transferring funds so any growth will carry on whilst it's done.
          Me too.

          Things have progressed since yesterday. I had messaged HL a week ago, and they said they would see if they could speed it up (I was under no illusions).

          Today I got a message from II, my new provider.

          3 of my funds aren't supported by II- I can swap into different classes, transfer those as cash, leave with HL.

          I have chose to swap to different classes, and they are now moving to the valuation stage. I think in normal times they say can take 8-12 weeks.

          Comment


            #15
            Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

            Me too.

            Things have progressed since yesterday. I had messaged HL a week ago, and they said they would see if they could speed it up (I was under no illusions).

            Today I got a message from II, my new provider.

            3 of my funds aren't supported by II- I can swap into different classes, transfer those as cash, leave with HL.

            I have chose to swap to different classes, and they are now moving to the valuation stage. I think in normal times they say can take 8-12 weeks.
            I'm not sure if the funds are the same in both platforms. To be honest it's not worth my time to check. We'll see how it goes.
            See You Next Tuesday

            Comment


              #16
              Originally posted by Lance View Post

              I'm not sure if the funds are the same in both platforms. To be honest it's not worth my time to check. We'll see how it goes.
              Often, the funds are the same but there's different classes of shares. For example, Fundsmith has I, R and T class shares/units. But it's all the same fund. I have found that if II don't deal in a fund that you want, then asking them to offer it has a positive outcome. But after you have transferred in, obviously.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

              Comment


                #17
                Wee update, II sent an email 2 days ago, saying my transfer was now in stage 5 of 5, the settlement phase, which means they have lodged everything from their side to receive my in speccie funds from HL They say it could take up to 3 weeks, and the funds won't all come at once.

                Today, 70% of my funds have now been transferred over into my new SIPP.

                Comment


                  #18
                  FWIW I transferred my SIPP from HL to II perhaps a couple of years ago. It wasn't smooth sailing. The impression I got was that HL were actually pretty good, and II were the ones with the poor customer service.

                  I've now got things fairly nicely set up with II, direct debits automated investments etc, however it wasn't fun. The HL website was much better to deal with in terms of customer user experience. I don't have any regrets now, but there certainly was a time where I wondered if I'd have been best to just stick with the devil I knew so to speak!

                  Comment


                    #19
                    Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                    FWIW I transferred my SIPP from HL to II perhaps a couple of years ago. It wasn't smooth sailing. The impression I got was that HL were actually pretty good, and II were the ones with the poor customer service.

                    I've now got things fairly nicely set up with II, direct debits automated investments etc, however it wasn't fun. The HL website was much better to deal with in terms of customer user experience. I don't have any regrets now, but there certainly was a time where I wondered if I'd have been best to just stick with the devil I knew so to speak!
                    Thanks for telling us your experience Maslins.

                    Got my DD and automated investments set up, that was fairly straightforward tbh.

                    One downside is II take DD from my company on 1st of month, and auto investment date isn't til 3rd Weds of month, which means unless I invest it manually (which has a charge) then it needs to week 2.5 weeks before being auto invested (which is free)

                    Personal payment DD's are taken on the 12th of month, so much closer to auto investment date.

                    Agree the HL website is much slicker/shinier, but I am hoping that is just me being so used to it. That was one of the reasons I stuck with them longer than I should have actually.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X