• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

COVID - Paying Tax back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    COVID - Paying Tax back

    Hi
    So I got a letter from HMRC asking to pay tax back

    Link

    Just wondering if anyone else received this. If so...did you pay back early?
    I have forwarded onto my accountant so waiting to hear back from them.

    #2
    Interesting. So is this tax you owe that you had deferred paying? Such as VAT or from your SATR?


    EDIT: post should really be in Accounting...

    Comment


      #3
      Moved.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Interesting. So is this tax you owe that you had deferred paying? Such as VAT or from your SATR?


        EDIT: post should really be in Accounting...
        I'ts not clear if this is for personal tax or company tax, but it looks like it is outstanding and the OP is being nudged, if not compelled, to pay it, but with the clear message that it will have to be paid at some point.

        It must have been quite upsetting, as it looks like there's a single tear-drop stain at the top of the page.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          I'ts not clear if this is for personal tax or company tax, but it looks like it is outstanding and the OP is being nudged, if not compelled, to pay it, but with the clear message that it will have to be paid at some point.

          It must have been quite upsetting, as it looks like there's a single tear-drop stain at the top of the page.
          It came under the ltd name so assume business tax....however I paid the corp tax in May and VAT etc is all paid up. Letter came last week of July, only just got round to opening it.
          Accountant confirmed that LTD is all paid up as well, no action to be taken.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
            It came under the ltd name so assume business tax....however I paid the corp tax in May and VAT etc is all paid up. Letter came last week of July, only just got round to opening it.
            Accountant confirmed that LTD is all paid up as well, no action to be taken.
            It's the deferred tax, VAT probably. My company called them they were very reasonable about it all.

            Comment


              #7
              That looks like a scam.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                That looks like a scam.
                It doesn't and isn't

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                  That looks like a scam.
                  Please explain how this scam works.

                  Have the hackers infiltrated the HMRC.GOV website so it redirects to their payment page when you search for "Paying HMRC"?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    elser sees scams and conspiracies everywhere.
                    See You Next Tuesday

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X