• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID - Paying Tax back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
    It's the deferred tax, VAT probably. My company called them they were very reasonable about it all.
    I didn't defer any tax due to covid.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
      Hi
      So I got a letter from HMRC asking to pay tax back

Link

Just wondering if anyone else received this. If so...did you pay back early?
      I have forwarded onto my accountant so waiting to hear back from them.
      What's the update on this? There's obviously more pages to the letter you shared on your link which would tell you exactly what tax is owing. The image looks like a standard page they attach to a demand or calculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
        What's the update on this? There's obviously more pages to the letter you shared on your link which would tell you exactly what tax is owing. The image looks like a standard page they attach to a demand or calculation.
        The second page just had some waffle about how COVID has affected everyone and if you need financial support then go to .... (happy to post it if you want to see)

No info about whats owing or anything.
        I sent to my accountants and they said no action to be taken, I have already paid up anything outstanding.

Comment

Working...
        X