• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams new Portal service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nixon Williams new Portal service

Anyone actually been able to use it yet?

Supposedly they switched over to it last month but so far despite chasing I;ve not had any info from them about it and they have stopped processing payslips despite being chased about it.

Anyone else having issues with them?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Anyone actually been able to use it yet?

Supposedly they switched over to it last month but so far despite chasing I;ve not had any info from them about it and they have stopped processing payslips despite being chased about it.

Anyone else having issues with them?

Their service went downhill two years ago. Get out. Plenty of alternatives now :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
      Their service went downhill two years ago. Get out. Plenty of alternatives now :-)
      To be fair I've been with them for a couple years now and the service has generally been good. No complaints up until now.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've been happy with them but response time is sluggish lately, it takes them a couple of days to respond my emails

Comment

You probably haven’t seen FreeAgent. The difference is mind blowing compared to the limited Vantage portal which looked like it was from the 90’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
            I've been happy with them but response time is sluggish lately, it takes them a couple of days to respond my emails
            Same, no one seems to care any more.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
              A couple of days for an email response is hardly poor. They have more clients than just you!

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
                A couple of days for an email response is hardly poor. They have more clients than just you!
                Interesting...not saying what's right/wrong, but I'd guess most clients expect a response same day (assuming their query wasn't sent at 16:55/similar).

Inevitably there are quiet/busy times, and staff members have time off etc, but I think prompt and useful responses (not just "thanks for your email, we'll look into it and get back to you", which I think some firms do so they can technically meet their "we respond same day" promises) are very important to clients.

Comment

Not been able to log in once. PAYE figures are being sent by email. I called Mimecast and they said problem was at the NW end. I'm usually a NW fanboy but it's not working for me this time.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                    Interesting...not saying what's right/wrong, but I'd guess most clients expect a response same day (assuming their query wasn't sent at 16:55/similar).

Inevitably there are quiet/busy times, and staff members have time off etc, but I think prompt and useful responses (not just "thanks for your email, we'll look into it and get back to you", which I think some firms do so they can technically meet their "we respond same day" promises) are very important to clients.
                    I'd say 4 out of 5 of our clients expect a response same day (or within 24 hours). We also work on a "first contact resolution" basis which means the "thanks for your email"approach doesn't work. Of course, we don't manage all the time but it's certainly something we aim at.

Flipping it, if I were to send an email to, say, FreeAgent, or any other of the businesses that serve my firm, I'd expect a same day response. And I was always told to treat others as you'd like to be treated.

Comment

Working...
                    X