• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nixon Williams new Portal service"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    How much did you pay?
    Dunno. It was all part of a garage build.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    <PC Mode on> Reminds me of last year when we hired a guy to Krend the house. Did a decent job of it and away he went. Spotted his van outside a house I've been commenting on that hasn't had an outside render on it for nearly a year and looks really shabby. Didn't look like the work was progressing very well and then found out it's his house!! Oh how I laughed <PC mode off>
    How much did you pay?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Is that a bit of a concern that an accountant forgets to file their own docs?
    <PC Mode on> Reminds me of last year when we hired a guy to Krend the house. Did a decent job of it and away he went. Spotted his van outside a house I've been commenting on that hasn't had an outside render on it for nearly a year and looks really shabby. Didn't look like the work was progressing very well and then found out it's his house!! Oh how I laughed <PC mode off>

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Is that a bit of a concern that an accountant forgets to file their own docs?

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    Hey guys. Thought we were ripping into Nixon Williams, not me!
    We're equal opportunity that way.

Your company records are public record and fair game, you know. Someone pointed it out to me a while back and I thought it was strange for you to be late. But since I may be looking for a new accountant, I was checking on all our friends here last week and found you were STILL not up to date. (Yes, I'm the kind of person who checks CH when choosing an accountant, everyone should actually.)

And honestly, it does reflect on you and makes me much less likely to call you if I do decide to change accountants. For your own good you should fix it. But I do appreciate you responding.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    The thing is, Alan is always helpful and seems to be very knowledgeable on these boards. So why?

The older company says he owns between 50-75%, but is the sole PSC. So maybe there was an ownership problem. But as the sole director he could still get stuff filed....
    Hey guys. Thought we were ripping into Nixon Williams, not me!

Yes, there was an ownership issue so we opened up another company. And you’re right, I should have filed and kept up to date but a cobblers kids are always the worst shod.

Still, at least Craig is enjoying the show.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Not been able to log in once. PAYE figures are being sent by email. I called Mimecast and they said problem was at the NW end. I'm usually a NW fanboy but it's not working for me this time.
    Me neither - can't log in. Even the reset password link doesn't work & I have to keep calling them.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    The thing is, Alan is always helpful and seems to be very knowledgeable on these boards. So why?

The older company says he owns between 50-75%, but is the sole PSC. So maybe there was an ownership problem. But as the sole director he could still get stuff filed....

Leave a comment:

• craigy1874
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    a company created 8 months ago
    Sounds like problems in previous company so trade transferred to a newco to continue trading....

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    On their terms and conditions they quote a different company number to that one.
    Terms and Conditions | Broome Affinity
    a company created 8 months ago

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

CUK Reader Awards. You know it's the right thing to do...

/shamelessplug

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Can't fault Gorilla (which uses FreeAgent).

DM me if you want to join.

/shameless plug

qh

Leave a comment:

• craigy1874
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Maybe so. But here's another link.

One would expect the "best freeagent accountant in Edinburgh" to file his own accounts on time and not be under an "Active proposal to strike off." If I changed to your firm, Alan, would you be over five months late on filing my accounts like you are on your own, and three months late on my confirmation statement?

"Freeagent" is all well and good, but the main thing I want an accountant to do is make sure everything gets filed on time, and when I go checking one out, as I was doing recently, this kind of thing is instant red flag for me. Especially when I notice this isn't the first time it's happened with Broome Affinity....

I can perhaps understand missing something by a week, somebody gets ill, or whatever. But six months? Doesn't Freeagent do pretty much everything for you? How hard is the confirmation statement to do in a timely manner?
    Bravo!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    On their terms and conditions they quote a different company number to that one.
    http://www.broomeaffinity.com/terms-and-conditions/

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Yeah but the daft spanner has quoted your original link so Operation Shamlessplug for best freeagent accountant in Edinburgh is still mission accomplished.
    Maybe so. But here's another link.

One would expect the "best freeagent accountant in Edinburgh" to file his own accounts on time and not be under an "Active proposal to strike off." If I changed to your firm, Alan, would you be over five months late on filing my accounts like you are on your own, and three months late on my confirmation statement?

"Freeagent" is all well and good, but the main thing I want an accountant to do is make sure everything gets filed on time, and when I go checking one out, as I was doing recently, this kind of thing is instant red flag for me. Especially when I notice this isn't the first time it's happened with Broome Affinity....

I can perhaps understand missing something by a week, somebody gets ill, or whatever. But six months? Doesn't Freeagent do pretty much everything for you? How hard is the confirmation statement to do in a timely manner?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 13 September 2018, 14:48.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X