• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams new Portal service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    I'd say 4 out of 5 of our clients expect a response same day (or within 24 hours). We also work on a "first contact resolution" basis which means the "thanks for your email"approach doesn't work. Of course, we don't manage all the time but it's certainly something we aim at.

Flipping it, if I were to send an email to, say, FreeAgent, or any other of the businesses that serve my firm, I'd expect a same day response. And I was always told to treat others as you'd like to be treated.
    You must have some demanding clients then, ours aren't like that at all. I can take up to 2/3 days to reply, but hardly get chased and don't lose clients.

I think if you offer the quick reply service, people will then expect it. I do think people are prepared to wait a couple of days for a response. If it is urgent, they will just call you!

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
      I think if you offer the quick reply service, people will then expect it. I do think people are prepared to wait a couple of days for a response. If it is urgent, they will just call you!
      This is true. For me I'd prefer most client communication be via email. I can get to it when convenient for me, whereas a phone call forces me to drop whatever I was doing (plus we have a written trail of what was discussed which can be useful). To some extent I imagine quicker email responses leads to fewer phone calls, as clients become confident it will be dealt with swiftly.

Comment

For anyone who's looking for their payslip emails using the new system - the emails come from a display name of "Domain postMaster Address" (underlying email address is [email protected]) and the subject is "Secure Messaging Notification"

The login details are under a separate subject of "Secure Messaging Password Notification"

I only say this as it's not obvious that it's them, and you might've disregarded it as spam, phishing or similar
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Has anyone successfully migrated from vantage to freeagent? (and then to another accountant)
          I'm considering it but the prospect of fouling up something important in the process puts me off a bit..

Comment

Originally posted by KRose View Post
            Has anyone successfully migrated from vantage to freeagent? (and then to another accountant)
            I'm considering it but the prospect of fouling up something important in the process puts me off a bit..
            Both are very easy and painfree. Once you’ve migrated to FreeAgent you’ll wonder how you survived without it!

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              For anyone who's looking for their payslip emails using the new system - the emails come from a display name of "Domain postMaster Address" (underlying email address is [email protected]) and the subject is "Secure Messaging Notification"

The login details are under a separate subject of "Secure Messaging Password Notification"

I only say this as it's not obvious that it's them, and you might've disregarded it as spam, phishing or similar
              That post contains more information than anyone at Nixon Williams has volunteered so far.

And yes they had been binned as Spam/Phishing mails since they ticked all the boxes. Having dug a little deeper there are also messages from "admin2-it" using [email protected] and making reference to messages from Optionis Group. I've also had emails with password details from a Parasol email address in connection with it all.

At no point have I had anything from Nixon Williams themselves actually explaining it. Our actual accountant is great, it's the rest of the business that appear to be a bunch of complete numpties.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                That post contains more information than anyone at Nixon Williams has volunteered so far.

And yes they had been binned as Spam/Phishing mails since they ticked all the boxes. Having dug a little deeper there are also messages from "admin2-it" using [email protected] and making reference to messages from Optionis Group. I've also had emails with password details from a Parasol email address in connection with it all.

At no point have I had anything from Nixon Williams themselves actually explaining it. Our actual accountant is great, it's the rest of the business that appear to be a bunch of complete numpties.
                same. It took me a good deal of investigation of my own emails (junk folder) to find it. I'm not a usability expert but sometimes I wonder if I'm in the wrong job...
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by KRose View Post
                  Also, if I move from Vantage to FreeAgent, I need to find an accountant right? Hopefully one that's knowledgeable with IT contracting.

FreeAgent is £30/mo; an accountant is around 70 => that's £100/mo + the pain of migrating while NixonWilliams Gold is £95/mo.
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 September 2018, 17:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
                    Also, if I move from Vantage to FreeAgent, I need to find an accountant right? Hopefully one that's knowledgeable with IT contracting.

FreeAgent is £30/mo; an accountant is around 70 => that's £100/mo + the pain of migrating while NixonWilliams Gold is £95/mo.
                    There are quite a few accountants that bundle Freeagent with their service, some of them even post on here. A quick rummage though the accountancy forum should find them if they don't reply here.
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 September 2018, 17:36.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post

#Plugremoved
                      Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 September 2018, 17:37.

Comment

Working...
                      X