• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DBS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Tighter than TMs spandex.
    Nothing is tighter than TM's spandex.....except maybe Yorkshire people
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      That doesn't make sense. Tighter than two coats of paint, maybe. Are you sure you're cut out for this ?
      Too tight to pay for two coats.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
        Hi,

I'm about to start a contract, but the agency has come back to me and asked me to get a DBS check for the client - am I expected to pay the £25 or should the client take care of it? I'm working this through a ltd company.
        Sometimes the client will pay this, sometimes they expect you (or your LtdCo) to pay. You could go back to the agency and ask. If you ask in the right way, without sounding shirty, you'll get a sensible reply that won't scupper your chances of getting the gig.

Comment

If it helps, I had to get DBS for my latest role. I was more than happy to suck it up so to speak, but the agency said to add it to my first invoice.

Comment

You should get the client to pay and charge an admin fee for the form filling. If they refuse, then you are better off without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              Too tight to pay for two coats.
              the OP's name might be Titus A. Ducksarse

Comment

Clearly this place is full of a**holes. I had a question, far from being tight, I run a business.

To all with the unhelpful comments GFY, I can tell by the number of posts that you have nothing better to do with your lives then troll people on here.

To those that help - Thank you!
                Last edited by cojak; 12 February 2018, 02:58. Reason: No winking in Professional

Comment

Clearly this place is full of a**holes. I had a question, far from being tight, I run a business.

To all with the unhelpful comments GFY, I can tell by the number of posts that you have nothing better to do with your lives then troll people on here.

And to those trying to point out the nonsense of not spending £25 to gain a £60k contract...?

Still, as you say you're running your business, not us.
                  Last edited by cojak; 12 February 2018, 02:57. Reason: No winking in Professional
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Actually I (and many) tried to help. Even though your question was ridiculous. You then acted like a complete twunt.
                    Last edited by cojak; 12 February 2018, 02:58. Reason: No winking in Professional

Comment

Clearly this place is full of a**holes. I had a question, far from being tight, I am a disguised employee.

FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X