• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DBS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
    Clearly this place is full of a**holes. I had a question, far from being tight, I run a business.

To all with the unhelpful comments GFY, I can tell by the number of posts that you have nothing better to do with your lives then troll people on here.

To those that help - Thank you!
    We are only having a bit of laugh at your expense. Don’t be so touchy.

And be fair, it was a stupid question. But if you want to run the risk of being planted in the Awkward Squad for the sake of 25 quid, go right ahead.
    Last edited by cojak; 12 February 2018, 02:59. Reason: No winking in Professional

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
      We are only having a bit of laugh at your expense. Don’t be so touchy.

And be fair, it was a stupid question. But if you want to run the risk of being planted in the Awkward Squad for the sake of 25 quid, go right ahead.
      A laugh?? I came here to ask a question, might not be a lot to some people, but money's money. There's no stupid questions.
      i'm here to gain knowledge, but clearly there is a strong case of bullying going on here (and not just on this post)

There's a few people on here that are ridiculous, the forum is here to help people (so I thought) there's going to be people of different experienced levels coming here and different scale of wealth.

Only A**wholes have a laugh at other peoples expense.

Anyway, I won't bother with this place.

Thanks to those that did help.

Comment

A laugh?? I came here to ask a question, might not be a lot to some people, but money's money. There's no stupid questions.
        i'm here to gain knowledge, but clearly there is a strong case of bullying going on here (and not just on this post)

There's a few people on here that are ridiculous, the forum is here to help people (so I thought) there's going to be people of different experienced levels coming here and different scale of wealth.

FFS grow some balls.

Comment

Remember to invoice Admin for your posts.

Comment

This is a contractor’s forum. Be thankful it’s not Mumsnet - they would have been harder on you.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I would consider this a cost of business, like having insurance or providing your own equipment.

To some extent I agree that if this was requested after accepting the contract then it could be seen to a cost that the client could undertake to reimburse, but lets assume its a 6 month contract at 400 p/day

That's a contract value of £43K (based on 18 days a month), so £25 is one sixteenth of a percent of the contract value - hardly worth losing the contract over or getting yourself membership of the "belligerent f@cker$" club at the client site.

If you feel really strongly about it - everyday in your first month just do 1.5 minutes less work than you should do per day and it will even itself out

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                I would consider this a cost of business, like having insurance or providing your own equipment.

To some extent I agree that if this was requested after accepting the contract then it could be seen to a cost that the client could undertake to reimburse, but lets assume its a 6 month contract at 400 p/day

That's a contract value of £43K (based on 18 days a month), so £25 is one sixteenth of a percent of the contract value - hardly worth losing the contract over or getting yourself membership of the "belligerent f@cker$" club at the client site.

If you feel really strongly about it - everyday in your first month just do 1.5 minutes less work than you should do per day and it will even itself out

similar situation here except the agencies reference check company "dont look at the paper forms very often" three and a half weeks after i sent my DBS application so i was asked to submit my application again online. Five days later i was cleared and had my certificate in hand and started the next day, now i've been billed £75 for the check.

who do i bill for the £4k i'm down because the reference checking company couldn't be arsed? Just suck it up? The cost of doing business?

Comment

Originally posted by kingmob View Post
                  similar situation here except the agencies reference check company "dont look at the paper forms very often" three and a half weeks after i sent my DBS application so i was asked to submit my application again online. Five days later i was cleared and had my certificate in hand and started the next day, now i've been billed £75 for the check.

who do i bill for the £4k i'm down because the reference checking company couldn't be arsed? Just suck it up? The cost of doing business?
                  You didn’t chase it up after a day or two?
                  That’s just daft.

That’s NOT doing business.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    That’s just daft.

Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      That’s just daft.

never had enhanced DBS check before and the DBS site says it takes 4 weeks...

if you chased after a day then arent you likely to p*ss off the agency or client?

Comment

Working...
                      X