• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DBS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DBS

Hi,

I'm about to start a contract, but the agency has come back to me and asked me to get a DBS check for the client - am I expected to pay the £25 or should the client take care of it? I'm working this through a ltd company.

When I had to do the basic disclosure scotland my company paid for it as an expense.

If you want to push the client for the £25 you can. But it’s peanuts so suck it up as a business expense.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchandsunshine View Post
      ...so suck it up as a business expense.
      Says the person who's company paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
        Yes, that would be his own limited company, not the agent or the client.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hi,

I'm about to start a contract, but the agency has come back to me and asked me to get a DBS check for the client - am I expected to pay the £25 or should the client take care of it? I'm working this through a ltd company.
          Expect your start date to disappear if you press the client for this !!! Especially if your boss hears you are a pain in bum.

Comment

The OP must be on a crap rate if £25 is a problematic expense

Comment

DBS

What? This is exactly what I’m saying. It’s an expense for my limited company.

I’m starting to see now why the seasoned contractors around here get annoyed at noobs who won’t take advice, won’t read the guides and are rude when they don’t get the answers they want.
              Last edited by MrButton; 8 February 2018, 21:36.

Comment

DBS

Tighter than a coat of paint. [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                  Tighter than a coat of paint. [emoji3]
                  That doesn't make sense. Tighter than two coats of paint, maybe. Are you sure you're cut out for this ?
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Tighter than TMs spandex.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X