• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: DBS

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DBS"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by kingmob View Post
    never had enhanced DBS check before and the DBS site says it takes 4 weeks...

if you chased after a day then arent you likely to p*ss off the agency or client?
    eh????

Did you not do the DBS check yourself? If you have no criminal record it's back in a day or two, then you send to the agency.

Don't say you let the agency do it for you.........

Leave a comment:

• MrButton
    replied

if you chased after a day then arent you likely to p*ss off the agency or client?
    Just looking at the facts you posted:

So the DBS site says it takes 4 weeks (which set your expectations).

You said it took yours 4.5 weeks (after 3.5 weeks you resubmitted).

And you think you’re down £4K.

Jesus wept.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kingmob
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    You didn’t chase it up after a day or two?
    That’s just daft.

That’s NOT doing business.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    That’s just daft.

Quite.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    similar situation here except the agencies reference check company "dont look at the paper forms very often" three and a half weeks after i sent my DBS application so i was asked to submit my application again online. Five days later i was cleared and had my certificate in hand and started the next day, now i've been billed £75 for the check.

who do i bill for the £4k i'm down because the reference checking company couldn't be arsed? Just suck it up? The cost of doing business?
    That’s just daft.

Leave a comment:

• kingmob
    replied
    Originally posted by oilboil View Post
    I would consider this a cost of business, like having insurance or providing your own equipment.

To some extent I agree that if this was requested after accepting the contract then it could be seen to a cost that the client could undertake to reimburse, but lets assume its a 6 month contract at 400 p/day

That's a contract value of £43K (based on 18 days a month), so £25 is one sixteenth of a percent of the contract value - hardly worth losing the contract over or getting yourself membership of the "belligerent f@cker$" club at the client site.

If you feel really strongly about it - everyday in your first month just do 1.5 minutes less work than you should do per day and it will even itself out

similar situation here except the agencies reference check company "dont look at the paper forms very often" three and a half weeks after i sent my DBS application so i was asked to submit my application again online. Five days later i was cleared and had my certificate in hand and started the next day, now i've been billed £75 for the check.

who do i bill for the £4k i'm down because the reference checking company couldn't be arsed? Just suck it up? The cost of doing business?

Leave a comment:

• oilboil
    replied
    I would consider this a cost of business, like having insurance or providing your own equipment.

To some extent I agree that if this was requested after accepting the contract then it could be seen to a cost that the client could undertake to reimburse, but lets assume its a 6 month contract at 400 p/day

That's a contract value of £43K (based on 18 days a month), so £25 is one sixteenth of a percent of the contract value - hardly worth losing the contract over or getting yourself membership of the "belligerent f@cker$" club at the client site.

If you feel really strongly about it - everyday in your first month just do 1.5 minutes less work than you should do per day and it will even itself out

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    This is a contractor’s forum. Be thankful it’s not Mumsnet - they would have been harder on you.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post
    A laugh?? I came here to ask a question, might not be a lot to some people, but money's money. There's no stupid questions.
    i'm here to gain knowledge, but clearly there is a strong case of bullying going on here (and not just on this post)

There's a few people on here that are ridiculous, the forum is here to help people (so I thought) there's going to be people of different experienced levels coming here and different scale of wealth.

Only A**wholes have a laugh at other peoples expense.

Anyway, I won't bother with this place.

Thanks to those that did help.
    Remember to invoice Admin for your posts.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    A laugh?? I came here to ask a question, might not be a lot to some people, but money's money. There's no stupid questions.
    i'm here to gain knowledge, but clearly there is a strong case of bullying going on here (and not just on this post)

There's a few people on here that are ridiculous, the forum is here to help people (so I thought) there's going to be people of different experienced levels coming here and different scale of wealth.

FFS grow some balls.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    We are only having a bit of laugh at your expense. Don’t be so touchy.

And be fair, it was a stupid question. But if you want to run the risk of being planted in the Awkward Squad for the sake of 25 quid, go right ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Clearly this place is full of a**holes. I had a question, far from being tight, I run a business.

To all with the unhelpful comments GFY, I can tell by the number of posts that you have nothing better to do with your lives then troll people on here.

To those that help - Thank you!
    We are only having a bit of laugh at your expense. Don’t be so touchy.

And be fair, it was a stupid question. But if you want to run the risk of being planted in the Awkward Squad for the sake of 25 quid, go right ahead.
    Last edited by cojak; 12 February 2018, 02:59. Reason: No winking in Professional

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Clearly this place is full of a**holes. I had a question, far from being tight, I am a disguised employee.

To all with the unhelpful comments GFY, I can tell by the number of posts that you have nothing better to do with your lives then troll people on here.

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MrButton
    replied
    Clearly this place is full of a**holes. I had a question, far from being tight, I run a business.

Actually I (and many) tried to help. Even though your question was ridiculous. You then acted like a complete twunt.
    Last edited by cojak; 12 February 2018, 02:58. Reason: No winking in Professional

Leave a comment:

Working...
X