• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency requesting ID for a Ltd company employee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency requesting ID for a Ltd company employee

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm afraid so - payrolled.
    Last edited by cojak; 8 February 2018, 06:14. Reason: No winking in Professional forums

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy20 View Post
      Now I'm with another agency and I've already began the contract...
      So, end of day on the 6th you wanted advice about the wording of a contract, and by end of day on 7th you had rejected that contract, had a new contract from a different agent, had that reviewed and started working it. That's a pretty quick turnaround.

Who do you use to review your contracts?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm afraid so - payrolled.
        You mean you dont use the low wage and divi model?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          So, end of day on the 6th you wanted advice about the wording of a contract, and by end of day on 7th you had rejected that contract, had a new contract from a different agent, had that reviewed and started working it. That's a pretty quick turnaround.

Who do you use to review your contracts?
          Good spot.

BS meter is now in overdrive.

Comment

The first agency tried it a couple month back and were insistive up front so a contract wasn't agreed. The current agency did not request it until after the contract was active.

This has nothing to do with the original question which has now been answered.

Comment

The first agency tried it a couple month back and were insistive up front so a contract wasn't agreed. The current agency did not request it until after the contract was active.

This has nothing to do with the original question which has now been answered.
              If it is with the same client, let's just hope you didn't agree that the first agent would represent you, otherwise they might be in contact if/when they find out.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                How do you get round the legal issues that ensue?
                What legal implications? I’m hiring an agent on a contingent fee basis. Nothing illegal about that. The conversation usually goes something like this:

HW calls recruitment agency: Hi. I see you’re located next to Bigclient co. Do you place people there?

Agent: Yes. We do work with them all the time and have great contacts there.
                HW: Great. I see they’ve just won a contract to do XYZ and they’ll be needing people to do ABC. Are you involved with this?

Agent: Oh yes. We’ve got great contacts there. Now which contract were you referencing again? And how did you hear about this?
                HW: XYZ. They’re going to need someone to do ABC and I wondered if you could get my CV to the right people.

Agent: Hold a moment (murmurs in background). Are you free to come and discuss this with us?
                HW: OK. Let’s set a date.

Meet agent and his boss: Tell us what you know about contract XYZ.
                HW: Waffle waffle as they scribble like mad…so I’ve got a strong background in this area but they don’t allow direct contact. I need an agent who can get me in there.

Agent: We have great contacts at BigClientco. I’m actually meeting the HR Director this afternoon.
                HW <smiles>: Well you’ve got my CV. I’ll hire you as my agent on a non-exclusive basis. You get me in there, you get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
                  What legal implications? I’m hiring an agent on a contingent fee basis. Nothing illegal about that.
                  It is illegal for an agency to charge to find work.

I'm sure that everything happens exactly as you say though
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    It is illegal for an agency to charge to find work.

I'm sure that everything happens exactly as you say though
                    I don't think they're charging him.

He's bribing them. That's very different.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The way I see it, it's a nice easy way to prove who you say you are and (for most of us) proof that you have a right to work.

I don't send it to anyone who asks, but if you've had an interview and the role is being firmed up into a contract, sure.

The agency are paying you so have a reasonable right to perform their own due diligence and on behalf of their clients.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X