• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorilla Accounting- spam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    After having received and ignored 4 of your letters, you should understand I'm not interested in your services, stop spamming me
    That'll work. Good job.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I agree with Maslins, very poor show from Gorilla.

Can only hope when someone cheaper comes along they don't cry about losing these same clients
      Last edited by cojak; 29 November 2017, 22:40. Reason: No winking

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
        I agree with Maslins, very poor show from Gorilla.

Can only hope when someone cheaper comes along they don't cry about losing these same clients
        I quite like the fact they do it. Love it when the competition spend money to irritate potential clients.
        P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Gorilla View Post
          We are not the first accountants to use this tool and I am sure that we won’t be the last.
          Which accountant did it first, Craig?

So far, Gorilla is the only one I'm aware of that has specifically targeted customers by looking at which accountant they currently use and then writing to them saying how great you are in comparison to that particular company. I had a number of letters telling me that you were better and cheaper than InTouch, for example, and yet I've never received any other letters or contact from another accountant in the same vein.

Who started this trend, and who else has done it - I'm sure it would help some people if we knew who else was on the list

Ta
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Which accountant did it first, Craig?

So far, Gorilla is the only one I'm aware of that has specifically targeted customers by looking at which accountant they currently use and then writing to them saying how great you are in comparison to that particular company. I had a number of letters telling me that you were better and cheaper than InTouch, for example, and yet I've never received any other letters or contact from another accountant in the same vein.

Who started this trend, and who else has done it - I'm sure it would help some people if we knew who else was on the list

Ta
            To be fair I have seen one or two in the past using them. Prosperity 4 was one. Remember them?

Comment

Boox did it a few years ago, it was discussed in the thread below:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...fessional.html

Comment

To universal disdain I see....

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
                  I quite like the fact they do it. Love it when the competition spend money to irritate potential clients.
                  Its the short term gain (I don't know 1% of targets join) vs the long term losses (99% would never touch them) that I like....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ah, so Boox and Prosperity 4 did it. Thanks.

Clearly it works for some people, so good luck with it
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Prosperity 4 - one of those loan schemes who didn’t really need to care about the long term view of potential customers provided the owners collected as many members and cash as quickly as possible

I suspect anyone who joined in response to such an advert is still regretting it
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X