• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorilla Accounting- spam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pottertheotter View Post
    But how would they know who my accountant is? I understand that their name is listed in the accounts filed with CH, but surely they're not sitting there going through all of the companies on CH and checking their individual accounts for accountants that are on their Freeagent hitlist? Or is there really a technology that would go into thousands of individual pdfs (such as accounts on CH) and weed out certain accountants? If there is, mind=blown
    See Craig's post

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ml#post2503482

CH data is downloadable. Companies House

Comment

But how would they know who my accountant is? I understand that their name is listed in the accounts filed with CH, but surely they're not sitting there going through all of the companies on CH and checking their individual accounts for accountants that are on their Freeagent hitlist? Or is there really a technology that would go into thousands of individual pdfs (such as accounts on CH) and weed out certain accountants? If there is, mind=blown
      I'll take a guess you don't work with or have anything to do with data?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I'll take a guess you don't work with or have anything to do with data?
        Ha, what gives it away? You learn something new every day!

Either way though, I'm still not keen on it, and it certainly doesn't make me want to switch. All just seems a little... desperate?

Comment

We are not the first accountants to use this tool and I am sure that we won’t be the last.

Yes, our strategy is aggressive, and it is inevitable that not everybody will like it (as evidenced by some of the comments on here) – contractors that are receptive to it will usually be receiving a poor service from their current accountant or paying over the odds.

It will come as no surprise which accountancy firms we gain clients from and which we don’t.

Comment

Ha, what gives it away? You learn something new every day!

Either way though, I'm still not keen on it, and it certainly doesn't make me want to switch. All just seems a little... desperate?
            I'll hazard another guess you don't watch any TV, listen to the radio or receive any post whatsoever. You've never had post asking you to switch TV, broadband, insurance, phone, gas, electric yadda because they are better/cheaper than your current suppliers?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Gorilla View Post
              We are not the first accountants to use this tool and I am sure that we won’t be the last.

Yes, our strategy is aggressive, and it is inevitable that not everybody will like it (as evidenced by some of the comments on here) – contractors that are receptive to it will usually be receiving a poor service from their current accountant or paying over the odds.

It will come as no surprise which accountancy firms we gain clients from and which we don’t.
              Do you offer free pasties for life from Carrs if I switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Gorilla View Post

After having received and ignored 4 of your letters, you should understand I'm not interested in your services, stop spamming me

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I'll hazard another guess you don't watch any TV, listen to the radio or receive any post whatsoever. You've never had post asking you to switch TV, broadband, insurance, phone, gas, electric yadda because they are better/cheaper than your current suppliers?

Of course I have. I merely think that targeting a *specific* firm's clients (rather than blanket marketing) is a rather questionable tactic. But that is simply my opinion... I believe we're still allowed to have those these days?

Comment

Of course I have. I merely think that targeting a *specific* firm's clients (rather than blanket marketing) is a rather questionable tactic. But that is simply my opinion... I believe we're still allowed to have those these days?
                    Absolutely. They are, after all, like bum holes. Everyone has one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      After having received and ignored 4 of your letters, you should understand I'm not interested in your services, stop spamming me
                      If you could send a message to our marketing team, they will remove you from our mailing list to ensure that you do not receive any further mailings from us. The email address is [email protected]

Either that, or send me a DM on here and I will pass it on.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X