• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flippin' heck!

Never incur the wrath/curiosity/nosiness of IT geeks!

I hope Bagpuss gets a little bit of satisfaction back...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This thread is more worrying than satisfying. Mr Upton stole 500k of client money and stole a further 1.1 million from his currency scheme investors. By law he can't be in control of a company/director/significant person until 2027. Isn't it time Dynamo and Fox-Bartfield said something? This could end up being a matter for the police.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's a little more than curiosity. A sense of justice perhaps? One doesn't want to see him perpetrate the same fraud again, and it looks like he was working towards that being possible, whether that was his intent or not.

It's true we've been set a nice little puzzle to solve, which does appeal to geeks. I wouldn't call it mere curiosity, but the challenge does appeal to our abilities.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        This thread is more worrying than satisfying. Mr Upton stole 500k of client money and stole a further 1.1 million from his currency scheme investors. By law he can't be in control of a company/director/significant person until 2027. Isn't it time Dynamo and Fox-Bartfield said something? This could end up being a matter for the police.
        It depends on what you want out of an Internet thread. If you wanted it to change the realities, that can't be done. All it can do is pool some research together to expose something. I think that's been done.

There's sufficient here to ask the police to look at it. We've gone from a vague coincidence (same first name, same birth month) to a very strong physical likeness and too many coincidences to ignore. We've identified probable law-breaking (50% ownership of a start-up) and possible law-breaking (perhaps use of false ID, perhaps violated terms of licence). There appears to have been a pattern of deceit towards the contracting community (including disingenuous comments when this began to come to light), which may indicate (given the history) there was a conspiracy to commit fraud. It's all here if someone wants to boil it down and send off a dossier to the police.

Dynamo says legal action keeps them from commenting on whether DJR is DJU. If they knew he wasn't DJU they could confirm that for a client. So they are in a legal action involving this very question. Doesn't that tell you enough?

If F-B knew he wasn't DJU they could say so. Either he pulled the wool over their eyes and they don't want to admit it or they knew all along, likely the latter. If they knew, they aren't going to admit it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Given Hentons and FB responses I’d imagine it’s already a matter for the police
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            But how many Darren Roberts were born in December 1971? If there were none, then DU/DR are the same and DR is an alias,
            It is just possible that DR (assuming he exists) wasn't born in the UK, in which case he wouldn't show up on UK birth records.

Just saying...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              It is just possible that DR (assuming he exists) wasn't born in the UK, in which case he wouldn't show up on UK birth records.

Just saying...
              Very true. That's just one simple line of inquiry. There are plenty of options. Has D*R been married? If so, he's from Yorkshire, likely there's a marriage record around for that in the public domain. Has he had kids? Likewise, public domain information. Lots of lines of inquiry, how about did D*R ever go to university, they keep alumni records? And so on. It would take the police two minutes to look at national insurance numbers, bank records, school history, driving licence, insurance policies etc... They'd nail it very quickly if they wanted to. They have DJU's DNA on file too.

If you take a trip to the UK government records office, you could buy a copy of the birth certificates for DJU and if one exists, for D*R born in December 1971. Of course, there remains the possibility of being born overseas. But there's also the possibility, given all the other "coincidences" and the photographic similarity, that DJU and D*R are the same person. Right now, I'm pretty sold on the idea.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Just saying...
                Thanks for pointing that out, nobody thought of that, did they? Oh, wait.
                Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                And for all we know, the real Darren J Roberts if he is not DJU could have been born to British parents in Australia, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, or a hundred other places where Britain once ruled the waves, and so unsurprisingly might not turn up on this listing.

Comment

I have no idea where he was born, but he does have a very strong North East accent.

He also supports Newcastle.

He also has an interesting out of office at the moment, if anyone wants to check it. I'm sure you can guess his email address.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Miller View Post
                    I have no idea where he was born, but he does have a very strong North East accent.

He also supports Newcastle.

He also has an interesting out of office at the moment, if anyone wants to check it. I'm sure you can guess his email address.
                    What does it say? I tried a couple of variations of his email but no OOO.

DJU was a Leeds fan I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                      Darren *** Roberts born ** December 1971
                      Hi, just signed up after reading this, as I'm wondering what advise you'd all give to a current FB client?

Comment

Working...
                      X