• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Did anyone ever get money back from this? 10 years on and ive just been contacted by the courts to say some funds have been collected. I jumped on the forum and then read all this. Wow.

    Comment


      Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Hmmm, interesting

      https://www.linkedin.com/in/simongraytax trained at Tait Walker

      Tait Walker is one of the companies that's listed on DR's profile too.
      As an ex Dynamo customer Darren seemed like a nice guy but Gorilla spent that last year sorting out many problems/gaps that they left me with (some of it caused by Darren's replacement).

      Comment


        Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
        As an ex Dynamo customer Darren seemed like a nice guy but Gorilla spent that last year sorting out many problems/gaps that they left me with (some of it caused by Darren's replacement).
        Pretty certain Darren was struck off. That bloke says he's ICAEW registered. It would be an offence to tell lies about that. At least I think so anyway. Mind you we all know the porkies the real DU told.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
          Did anyone ever get money back from this? 10 years on and ive just been contacted by the courts to say some funds have been collected. I jumped on the forum and then read all this. Wow.
          Maybe Darren was @ Dynamo to pay back the courts.

          Comment


            I do think does Darren still read this forum?

            Or more to the point who is his sockie?

            Comment


              Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              I do think does Darren still read this forum?

              Or more to the point who is his sockie?
              He strikes me as a fairly vain individual from what I have seen in the media. I would think it pretty likely he looks in from time to time.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

              Comment


                I was contacted last week by the HMRC confiscation unit to advise that that was a chunk of money waiting for me.
                The chap I spoke to advised that there was money allocated to a number of victims available, but as some of the victims had closed their companies/changed their addresses he was struggling to find them to return the monies.

                If anyone here is affected email WY-NE-ConfiscationUnit@justice.gov.uk. Reference 'Darren Upton' Case.

                Comment


                  I get calls from people at HMRC with stories like that. They are all scams. I would beware contacting that email address!

                  Mods??

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by velcro View Post
                    I get calls from people at HMRC with stories like that. They are all scams. I would beware contacting that email address!

                    Mods??
                    If it’s from a government department then it’s not a scam
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by eek View Post

                      If it’s from a government department then it’s not a scam
                      The salient part is "if" - how to be sure that it is a real gov dept. Although a cursory google does show that justice.gov.uk is a valid domain name for that dept of the government.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X