• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by worriedtony View Post
    Hi, just signed up after reading this, as I'm wondering what advise you'd all give to a current FB client?
    If I were a FB client, I would be asking them if DR and DU are the same person. If I didn't get a categorical "No they are not", I would be taking my business elsewhere ASAP, as, if they are (and I believe they are), the major shareholders certainly knew who he was as they provided an employment history while DU was in prison.

    As a Dynamo client, I am reasonably happy that if DU and DR are the same person that Dynamo were very unlikely to have known this was the case, so, whilst I will be reviewing my accountancy requirements shortly, I don't see this as a reason to leave at present.

    Comment


      Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      If I were a FB client, I would be asking them if DR and DU are the same person. If I didn't get a categorical "No they are not", I would be taking my business elsewhere ASAP, as, if they are (and I believe they are), the major shareholders certainly knew who he was as they provided an employment history while DU was in prison.

      As a Dynamo client, I am reasonably happy that if DU and DR are the same person that Dynamo were very unlikely to have known this was the case, so, whilst I will be reviewing my accountancy requirements shortly, I don't see this as a reason to leave at present.
      Quite agree. Since D*R held 50% of the FB shares at incorporation, was a person of significant control but not a company officer. Then IMHO, the other shareholders would have done serious due diligence before agreeing to a business relationship in the first place. Naturally, DJU being a plausible looking fraudster, may have produced all kinds of glowing references. Or they were all mates anyway. Perhaps.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Quite agree. Since D*R held 50% of the FB shares at incorporation, was a person of significant control but not a company officer. Then IMHO, the other shareholders would have done serious due diligence before agreeing to a business relationship in the first place. Naturally, DJU being a plausible looking fraudster, may have produced all kinds of glowing references. Or they were all mates anyway. Perhaps.
        Has anyone phoned up and asked?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Has anyone phoned up and asked?
          Good idea. You want the number? 0113 282 6542 HTH.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Good idea. You want the number? 0113 282 6542 HTH.
            FB say they are Fred Bloggs.

            Comment


              Why bother? If you have any doubts about your accountant's probity or honesty, then bail out, quickly.
              Blog? What blog...?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                FB say they are Fred Bloggs.
                Proof at last! They're lying to you.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  If I were a FB client, I would be asking them if DR and DU are the same person. If I didn't get a categorical "No they are not", I would be taking my business elsewhere ASAP, as, if they are (and I believe they are), the major shareholders certainly knew who he was as they provided an employment history while DU was in prison.

                  As a Dynamo client, I am reasonably happy that if DU and DR are the same person that Dynamo were very unlikely to have known this was the case, so, whilst I will be reviewing my accountancy requirements shortly, I don't see this as a reason to leave at present.
                  Dominic from FB used to post on these boards regularly, but has gone quiet. If there was a categorical "No they are not" - he would have been all over saying that. His silence on this subject does imply DR and DU are probably the same person.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    Quite agree. Since D*R held 50% of the FB shares at incorporation, was a person of significant control but not a company officer. Then IMHO, the other shareholders would have done serious due diligence before agreeing to a business relationship in the first place. Naturally, DJU being a plausible looking fraudster, may have produced all kinds of glowing references. Or they were all mates anyway. Perhaps.
                    If DRs LinkedIn profile is anything to go by the it would suggest FB knew. FB is registered at the same address as Generate, another contractor firm. DR states work experience at generate directly before Dynamo. If DR is DU (agreement seems to be universal now) then they must have known.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                      If DRs LinkedIn profile is anything to go by the it would suggest FB knew. FB is registered at the same address as Generate, another contractor firm. DR states work experience at generate directly before Dynamo. If DR is DU (agreement seems to be universal now) then they must have known.
                      Precisely my point...
                      Blog? What blog...?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X