• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    What grounds?
    NDA?

Quietly go away and we won't confirm in public you are a convicted fraudster, if you don't confirm we were founded by one?

Allegedly of course
    Last edited by SimonMac; 25 March 2019, 09:16.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Quietly go away and we won't confirm in public you are a convicted fraudster, if you don't confirm we were founded by one?Allegedly of course
      Agree on this.

It's Generate who have the biggest question to answer in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
        Agree on this.

It's Generate who have the biggest question to answer in my mind.
        Good luck with that. Generate FS.

Adam Barton is a director and owns 75% or more of Generate FS. Probably 100%. And, he owns 40% of Fox-Bartfield. If F-B isn't talking, Generate FS isn't, either.

Mr Roberts has a LinkedIn work history which can only be confirmed or denied by a person (Adam Barton) who won't confirm or deny, because it has ramifications for F-B as well. If Mr Roberts was breaking the law in starting F-B (with 50% of the company), Adam Barton was assisting him to do so (Barton owned 40%, Roberts 50%), and could also have legal trouble. Barton even provided the director who fronted the operation, it appears. She uses the same address as he does, which is in fact the address for Generate FS. She now owns Roberts' 50%.

The other 10%, by the way, is owned by a Mr Robert Smith of Kingston upon Thames. The Finance Director at Generate FS is Robbie Smith. It would be a reasonable commute for Mr Smith.

I don't think you'll get a thing out of Generate FS, they were thick in this from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
          Good luck with that. Generate FS.

Adam Barton is a director and owns 75% or more of Generate FS. Probably 100%. And, he owns 40% of Fox-Bartfield. If F-B isn't talking, Generate FS isn't, either.

Mr Roberts has a LinkedIn work history which can only be confirmed or denied by a person (Adam Barton) who won't confirm or deny, because it has ramifications for F-B as well. If Mr Roberts was breaking the law in starting F-B (with 50% of the company), Adam Barton was assisting him to do so (Barton owned 40%, Roberts 50%), and could also have legal trouble. Barton even provided the director who fronted the operation, it appears. She uses the same address as he does, which is in fact the address for Generate FS. She now owns Roberts' 50%.

The other 10%, by the way, is owned by a Mr Robert Smith of Kingston upon Thames. The Finance Director at Generate FS is Robbie Smith. It would be a reasonable commute for Mr Smith.

I don't think you'll get a thing out of Generate FS, they were thick in this from the beginning.

Oh I don't imagine we'll ever hear from them. I could be wrong but I don't think they have any employees posting on here anyway. I'd be very keen to hear Dom's reason as to why he cannot discuss anything to do with DR. Let's see if he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            NDA?

Quietly go away and we won't confirm in public you are a convicted fraudster, if you don't confirm we were founded by one?

Allegedly of course
            GDPR. They can only comment on details that are already in the public record. Anything else will land them in deep doodoo if the subject hasn't agreed to it.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              GDPR. They can only comment on details that are already in the public record. Anything else will land them in deep doodoo if the subject hasn't agreed to it.
              Correct. But Dom could answer the questions below:
              Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              I don't think that takes us very far forward, Dom. This might:

1. Does your duty of care to your clients include confirming the identity of everyone who works at Fox-Bartfield?

2. Does your duty of care include confirming the work history, including that on Linked-In, of everyone who works at F-B? If someone who worked at F-B had a misleading work history on their Linked-In, would that concern you?

3. Just hypothetically, do you think it would undermine your credibility with your clients if they were to learn that you had someone working with their sensitive information who is an ex-convict, and not just any ex-con, but one who defrauded his accountancy clients?

4. Just hypothetically, if some of your clients had reason to believe you'd had such a person working on their accounts, do you think the above statement would reassure them?

These are not questions about Darren Roberts. These are questions about you and your credibility and trustworthiness, and what your view of your 'duty of care' really is.

Comment

Just read this whole thread, having somehow missed it. Holy crap. Top work from the CUK community.

Just looked up DR on linkedin - "Business Owner at To be announced"

I have a few mutual connections, contractors I've worked with before. May have to warn them off him.

Comment

Walks like a Duck
                  Swims like a Duck
                  Quacks like a Duck...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
                    What grounds?
                    Hi Simon,
                    According to Linkedin, Darren Roberts worked for SJD while you still owned it. Is that true?

Comment

No further comment from FB. Speaks volumes...

Comment

Working...
                      X