• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD price increases

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD price increases

Evening all. SJD are putting up monthly fees for me from 1st Jan by a smidge over 10% (10.7% for those who like detail.) Anyone else been notified of this?

I'm reasonably satisfied with their service, but an increase like that is a bit excessive....

What is the increase to? Had two increases while I was with them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

£120 plus vat per website. Which is a bit expensive. BUT, I'd suggest that your accountant isn't something you should decide about in terms of fees. Yes, they're expensive but they're also very good. A cheap accountant can cost you more than an expensive one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
        £120 plus vat per website. Which is a bit expensive. BUT, I'd suggest that your accountant isn't something you should decide about in terms of fees. Yes, they're expensive but they're also very good. A cheap accountant can cost you more than an expensive one.
        I can't remember exactly what I paid but I am assuming that is before the rate hike??
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Get your handbags at the ready!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            What is the increase to? Had two increases while I was with them.
            £140 to £155/month.

I agree with the "Don't look at the cost, look at the quality" argument up to a point, but after almost 11 solid years of business I can't help but feel that's somewhat taking the mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
              £140 to £155/month.

I agree with the "Don't look at the cost, look at the quality" argument up to a point, but after almost 11 solid years of business I can't help but feel that's somewhat taking the mick.
              Maybe that's the price of being bought out by venture capitalists.

What extra services are they offering for the increase?

(BTW, InTouch are great - just mention my forum name if you move there )
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Maybe that's the price of being bought out by venture capitalists.

(BTW, InTouch are great - just mention my forum name if you move there )

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
                  £140 to £155/month.

Sweet Jesus! Is that before VAT, I'm paying the same I was when I moved to my current accountants 3 years ago, £85 + VAT for a first rate service!
                  Last edited by SlipTheJab; 5 December 2015, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    SJD has won more awards for customer service and accounting excellence than any other firm in our market. To ensure we can keep this level of service will be increasing your monthly fee...
                    In other words, nada.

Comment

Working...
                    X