• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD price increases

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Out of interest did you end up with them by way of a 'recommendation' from a pimp, I did as it was my first contract and I didn't have anything set up. Hope the pimp choked on the Champers the referral fee bought him!
    The pimp doesn't care as s/he's looking for a short term gain.

Most accountants are looking for long term clients with referrals to gain new ones.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
      £600 is not sustainable if you want a decent level of service. We work on a 100 clients per accountant ratio (which I think is fairly typical) so the labour cost is c£300 per client per year. Even discounted Freeagent subs are c£200 per year. That leaves £100 for overhead, vat and profit. Therefore a £600 pa fee is not sustainable and is not in my view market rate either.
      If £600 is the VAT inclusive price then the VAT alone will be £100.

I agree that a fee as low as £600 is unsustainable and I would avoid.
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The pimp doesn't care as s/he's looking for a short term gain.

Most accountants are looking for long term clients with referrals to gain new ones.
        +1 this, and thats why we reward our clients for each and every referral we get.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielGenieAccountancy View Post
          +1 this, and thats why we reward our clients for each and every referral we get.
          I agree this is how most accountants work certainly we do. Referrals are the best form of business and speaks volumes to potential clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah@RHJAccountants View Post
            I agree this is how most accountants work certainly we do. Referrals are the best form of business and speaks volumes to potential clients.
            It certainly did in my case!, but then the referral did come from an agent looking purely for the biggest bung available and as a green behind the ears contractor I knew no better. Now referrals from fellow contractors who are actually current clients, I agree they speaks volumes and are a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielGenieAccountancy View Post
              I presume you then include the value of the referrals on their tax return for them when you do their self assessment?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                It certainly did in my case!, but then the referral did come from an agent looking purely for the biggest bung available and as a green behind the ears contractor I knew no better. Now referrals from fellow contractors who are actually current clients, I agree they speaks volumes and are a good thing.
                I think we all know how most agents work!

But yes referrals from fellow contractors who are current clients is the best way to go seems to work for my firm and many other firms too.

If someone does a good job for you why would you not refer them onto you fellow contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I presume you then include the value of the referrals on their tax return for them when you do their self assessment?
                  A sharp eye!

Even better, we reduce their monthly fee, that way we show how valued they are every month we charge our fee.

Comment

This thread has wandered a tad off topic and is now closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X