• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClientA wants to see contract I had with ClientB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClientA wants to see contract I had with ClientB

I'm already in an engagement with ClientA but there is some background screening being done (thank goodness I didn't have to wait for them to finish it!). I advised what my role title was with ClientB and now they want proof! Daft thing is that this is the second time I've worked for ClientA since I was with ClientB.

Where do I stand legally as I thought my contract with ClientB was a confidential document that I don't have to disclose?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

If the contract is confidential then say you can't disclose it because it is commercially confidential. If you have an agency name then give them the name of the person at the agency to contact to confirm it. If the contract was direct with clientB then give them the name of HR to confirm it.

<mod snip>
    Last edited by cojak; 17 August 2015, 10:20. Reason: Last line not needed...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I thought a contract was an agreement between two parties and was confidential unless it was indicated in the paperwork. Either way, what is the exact proof they need? Can't you send the engagement letter that says we accept you as X on Y rate? Or just the front page of the document which details the engagement?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've just taken a general dislike to the guy doing the screening asking ludicrous questions and taking too long over it and want to legally tell him to go forth and multiply. Just glad I didn't have to wait for it to be completed

I'll see what he wants given the confidentiality of it.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If he wants your role title, then that is just the job description - not a copy of the contract. And for that, all you need is a letter from client saying "While LondonManc was working for us, his role was as ..."
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Either way, what is the exact proof they need?
            Some clients get anal about job titles. thinking that someone with a job role containing the word "senior" is more experienced.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Some clients get anal about job titles. thinking that someone with a job role containing the word "senior" is more experienced.
              Our Senior PM here is about 12.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Yeah but I'm cleverer than them. I put Executive in front instead. Saying that they didn't understand what an Executive shop worker at Greggs was. Idiot clients.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Yeah but I'm cleverer than them. I put Executive in front instead. Saying that they didn't understand what an Executive shop worker at Greggs was. Idiot clients.
                  I got lunch at subway last week, and was served by a Sandwich Artist.

I
                  kid
                  you
                  not

Danglekt

Grand Commander by Acclamation

Comment

Regardless what you decide to do, this is a massive red flag for me.

Lack of trust from the start. Are they doubting their interview process?

Comment

Working...
                    X