• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ClientA wants to see contract I had with ClientB"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

I've already been here two months and been paid on time every time I've invoiced.

I think it's their screening team trying to earn their money.
    So, because you're on site and have been 'paid on time' (whoopie do!), you dont think you should tell them you're not providing it as its nothing to do with your current role?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Lord above, why do people put up with this tulip?
    +1. The most important comment on this.

Leave a comment:

• sapexpert
    replied
    Really?

Here's my take on it.
    Check with your previous customer if is OK to give a contact name and details to your new customer and explain why.
    If it is, then give it. If is not, then don't give it.

Let them figure out if the process is more important than the results they aim to achieve by using your services.

I've done it before and believe me, when a customer needs you the processes are just processes.

Oh, and don't get a letter saying 'When xyz worked for us' unless you want to be IR35 bound

Cheers

Already given, but I'm already on site anyway. Would love to see them try to push me off site given I've already worked here before and the ClientB contract was before that anyway.

I've already been here two months and been paid on time every time I've invoiced.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Can't you just get a reference from client B ? That is the usual way of proving history.
    Already given, but I'm already on site anyway. Would love to see them try to push me off site given I've already worked here before and the ClientB contract was before that anyway.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Lord above, why do people put up with this tulip? Is the job really worth being made to jump when the potential client says so?

Unless you've told a whopper and said you were the Senior Programme manager or similar when you were only a junior, Id tell them what my job title was at previous job was none of their concern.

Are they going to ask what your previous rate was to justify paying what you have stated you want for this role?

J-O-K-E.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    I'm already in an engagement with ClientA but there is some background screening being done (thank goodness I didn't have to wait for them to finish it!). I advised what my role title was with ClientB and now they want proof! Daft thing is that this is the second time I've worked for ClientA since I was with ClientB.

Where do I stand legally as I thought my contract with ClientB was a confidential document that I don't have to disclose?
    Lord above, why do people put up with this tulip? Is the job really worth being made to jump when the potential client says so?

Unless you've told a whopper and said you were the Senior Programme manager or similar when you were only a junior, Id tell them what my job title was at previous job was none of their concern.

Are they going to ask what your previous rate was to justify paying what you have stated you want for this role?

J-O-K-E.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Can't you just get a reference from client B ? That is the usual way of proving history.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Regardless what you decide to do, this is a massive red flag for me.

Lack of trust from the start. Are they doubting their interview process?

Leave a comment:

• Danglekt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah but I'm cleverer than them. I put Executive in front instead. Saying that they didn't understand what an Executive shop worker at Greggs was. Idiot clients.
    I got lunch at subway last week, and was served by a Sandwich Artist.

I
    kid
    you
    not

Danglekt

Grand Commander by Acclamation

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Some clients get anal about job titles. thinking that someone with a job role containing the word "senior" is more experienced.
    Yeah but I'm cleverer than them. I put Executive in front instead. Saying that they didn't understand what an Executive shop worker at Greggs was. Idiot clients.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Some clients get anal about job titles. thinking that someone with a job role containing the word "senior" is more experienced.
    Our Senior PM here is about 12.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Either way, what is the exact proof they need?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    If he wants your role title, then that is just the job description - not a copy of the contract. And for that, all you need is a letter from client saying "While LondonManc was working for us, his role was as ..."

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I've just taken a general dislike to the guy doing the screening asking ludicrous questions and taking too long over it and want to legally tell him to go forth and multiply. Just glad I didn't have to wait for it to be completed

I'll see what he wants given the confidentiality of it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I thought a contract was an agreement between two parties and was confidential unless it was indicated in the paperwork. Either way, what is the exact proof they need? Can't you send the engagement letter that says we accept you as X on Y rate? Or just the front page of the document which details the engagement?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    If the contract is confidential then say you can't disclose it because it is commercially confidential. If you have an agency name then give them the name of the person at the agency to contact to confirm it. If the contract was direct with clientB then give them the name of HR to confirm it.

<mod snip>
    Last edited by cojak; 17 August 2015, 10:20. Reason: Last line not needed...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X