• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    There is a difference between a Partner payment notice (PPN) and Accelerated payment notice (APN).

Is it possible that the withdrawn notices are PPN's?
    Mine covered the four years between 04/05 and 07/08 and were all APN's not PPN's. They did however refer to the partnership whilst naming myself.

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Just heard from someone else who has had all 4 APNs withdrawn - 2004/5, 5/6, 6/7 and 7/8

They had sent the Montpelier letter for 4/5 and 5/6 two weeks beforehand, and they were just about to send the letter for 6/7 and 7/8 when the withdrawal letters arrived.

The withdrawal letters just say this:

"We withdraw the accelerated payment notice issued to you because the notice was issued in error. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. There is no need for you to take any further action or make any payment in relation to this notice"

God knows what's going on.
    Same for all four of mine!

Originally posted by Britspud View Post
    Have they looked to see if they had the wrong DOTAS numbers on them?
    Mine had the correct DOTAS number on them as did each SAR for the same year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
      Mine covered the four years between 04/05 and 07/08 and were all APN's not PPN's. They did however refer to the partnership whilst naming myself.

Same for all four of mine!

Mine had the correct DOTAS number on them as did each SAR for the same year.
      Hi FS, and were yours withdrawn?

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
        Hi FS, and were yours withdrawn?
        Yes, all four years, all at the same time (one letter from HMRC for each APN, all arrived in the same envelope).

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
          Yes, all four years, all at the same time (one letter from HMRC for each APN, all arrived in the same envelope).
          thats interesting, so they had all the correct info and they were still withdrawn, curiouser and curiouser proclaimed Alice......

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
            thats interesting, so they had all the correct info and they were still withdrawn, curiouser and curiouser proclaimed Alice......
            The whole manoeuvre smells fishy.
            I would not be one bit surprised if they reissued everything in a short while, again apologizing for "any inconvenience caused". Hot and cold shower. Another method out of HMRC's "behaviour management" field manual, 2015 edition?
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
              The whole manoeuvre smells fishy.
              I would not be one bit surprised if they reissued everything in a short while, again apologizing for "any inconvenience caused". Hot and cold shower. Another method out of HMRC's "behaviour management" field manual, 2015 edition?
              Maybe just waiting to resend with NIC's, who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
                I think it won't hurt to call and get a time check. If Webberg has any comment through his previous contacts, would be useful.
                Representations for 2/4 received at their end. Referred on to 'them you'll decide'. Patience is bitter, let's hope the fruit is sweeter.

Comment

Withdrawal of APNs

Just received my letters, same - all 4 years withdrawn "issued in error...."

Also received my Debt Agreement scheme paperwork, that can all go on hold now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post

Hi Buzby, did you apply for 'Time To Pay' ? Just wondering what sort of TTP deals they were offering.
                    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post

Feels like they are getting ready to issue something more TAA unfriendly. That or the time machine is warming up.

Time really feels of the essence here.

P.S. Can we find out the reason behind the withdrawal using FOI?

Comment

Working...
                      X