• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how much HMRC would want to drag this out into the public eye anyway. All we have to do is to correctly point out that we were prepared and wanted to go to court in 2007. The subsequent delay is entirely of HMRCs making. The fact that if falls foul of their own regulations is not our fault. As far as the PR thing goes, I don't know if it there is much point. We'll never convince Joe Bloggs, and these things flare up then disappear quite quickly. A PR campaign, over and above a basic defence like the one above will only add fuel to the fire. No-one is going to listen to us. When you look at what the Tories got away with during their last term and what they are planning on getting away with this term with hardly a bleat from the public, what chance would we have?

Comment

I don't think HMRC would want the press getting hold of this.

We are only doing what we're doing because they did a secret Hartnett-style sweetheart deal with someone last year, and it got found out.

Why would they do a deal with someone when 6 years earlier they'd asked Parliament to pass unprecedented retrospective legislation to counter-act the scheme?
      Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 2 June 2015, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        That'll be athe war chest you were saying you havent contributed to yet?
        No, I don't think I ever said that. I am a paid-up member of NTRT, thank you very much! Also joining in the FTT - papers all sent off and payment made.

Comment

when is the deadline please?

When is the deadline please?

Comment

Anybody else having problems with the TAA NTRT email addresses ?

Trying to reply to Nigel / Trevor at their addresses but getting bounce backs / time out to an aol address and various spamassaasin mail delivery failure messages.

Comment

Closing Date for TAA applications

Friday 5th June will be the final day.

If you want to join, please complete the on-line application by then.

Note

You don't need to have arranged payment, or sent the signed forms and closure notices to CCW, by Friday. You just need to have completed the on-line application.

TAA Application Form | No To Retrospective Taxation

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
                I wonder what's taking the last third of the group so long to sign up...
                Still, an awesome response! Many thanks to all at NTRT for organising this. Let's hope we come safely and securely out the other end!
                Perhars they've had their APNs withdrawn and have concluded they are in the clear?

Comment

Originally posted by Resolute B View Post
                  Perhars they've had their APNs withdrawn and have concluded they are in the clear?
                  i know some poeple who hvent had any apns or letters re apns at all yet

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
                    i know some poeple who hvent had any apns or letters re apns at all yet
                    They may also be deluding themselves that they are in the clear. I suspect that there is a well thought out strategy for tackling our group.

Comment

Add one more to the fund - Just paid £900!

Comment

Working...
                      X