• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
    Feels like they are getting ready to issue something more TAA unfriendly. That or the time machine is warming up.

Time really feels of the essence here.

P.S. Can we find out the reason behind the withdrawal using FOI?
    That is a very good idea. Has anyone approached them or dared to ask why? It does indeed seem very fishy. Just what are they up to now????

Comment

My Centre is Newcastle any withdrawals from that office ?

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
        Hi Buzby, did you apply for 'Time To Pay' ? Just wondering what sort of TTP deals they were offering.
        I hadn't spoken to HMRC, I had arranged the DAS via a local accountancy firm, but it hadn't been submitted yet. I will just keep it ready to go if and when the APN are issued again.

Comment

Originally posted by mrkitchen View Post
          just found out that apparnlty if they are issued from bootle some teams cant see them .... so is that some kind of hint ? where were the withdrawn ones all issued from ?

Comment

Originally posted by mrkitchen View Post
            My APN's and my letters to request withdrawals were to a Glasgow office, the HMRC withdrawals are from the Newcastle office, with a note on the letter to say "... our new address is .... Newcastle. If you write to us but not use this address then we may not get your post."

Comment

Clear as

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                That is a very good idea. Has anyone approached them or dared to ask why? It does indeed seem very fishy. Just what are they up to now????
                Maybe it's time to involve our local MPs to complain about the behavior of HMRC.

Something doesn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
                  My APN's and my letters to request withdrawals were to a Glasgow office, the HMRC withdrawals are from the Newcastle office, with a note on the letter to say "... our new address is .... Newcastle. If you write to us but not use this address then we may not get your post."
                  Buz, what was your AWR (appeal to withdrawl ratio). 50%? How many APNs did you have vs. how many did you appeal?
                  Last edited by the great escape; 12 May 2015, 15:17.

Comment

My APNs were issued from Newcastle...not had withdrawals yet!

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
                      Buz, what was your AWR (appeal to withdrawl ratio). 50%? How many APNs did you have vs. how many did you appeal?
                      100%, I have received 4 years and today withdrawal 4 years. I had written to HMRC to request that all withdrawn but in 3 separate letters, all separately sent and to the Glasgow office.

Comment

Working...
                      X