• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
    It's about 2 weeks since I sent the Montified 'please reject APN' letters to HM. Nothing back yet. Might have to call the blaggards and check. Think they have to respond in 30 days - yes? No
    There is no time limit for them to respond.

If they respond, rejecting your representations, then you have a further 30 days, or the 90-day due, whichever is later to pay up.

Comment

APN Appeal

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      There is no time limit for them to respond.

If they respond, rejecting your representations, then you have a further 30 days, or the 90-day due, whichever is later to pay up.
      I've appealed mine just before Bank Holiday
      • 04/05 & 05/06 - with one MP letter format
      • 06/07 & 07/08 - different MP letter format

No news back from Hector yet though

I am encouraged by some people having had theirs withdrawn though. Hope yet!
      Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post

ive only seen one letter format .....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevthered View Post
          I received my notifications from HMRC around 9-10 weeks ago but as yet no APN's.
          There seem to be a number of people who have had their APN's withdrawn as "issued in error".Is it likely that I'm not going to receive mine until the so-called "error" has been rectified? Are there other people who are still awaiting original APN's?
          Me too. I received the warning letter stating 1 to 6 weeks. After 8 weeks I decided to chase them up. A bit like someone on death row saying 'er, jailer, weren't you supposed to hang me last week' but I wanted to make sure they hadn't gone astray in the post so that I could be clocking up surcharges and been blissfully unaware of the fact.

The young woman I spoke to looked me up on the database and said 'ah yes, you're one of the people whose APNs have been put on hold'. She didn't know why some people's APNs have been put on hold. She apologised for the delay (like I mind)!

Problem is, if I still haven't received them in six months time, I won't know if they're still on hold or have now been sent but gone astray in the post

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post

I think it won't hurt to call and get a time check. If Webberg has any comment through his previous contacts, would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Britspud View Post
              Just read in ft:

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/7972e...#axzz3ZYXS3gJC

Gauke tipped to leave his current post as a treasury minister and become a pensions minister! Is that good news?
              Not for pensioners!

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
                Not for pensioners!
                Retro tax coming to pensions soon? Let the looting continue....
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
                  Not for pensioners!
                  Exactly. Should be interesting to see how the Tories start to portray pensioners as being scroungers off the state so they can cut state support, but if there is anyone twisted, ruthless and hypocritical enough to take that job on and see it through, it's that tulipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Britspud View Post
                    Just read in ft:

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/7972e...#axzz3ZYXS3gJC

Gauke tipped to leave his current post as a treasury minister and become a pensions minister! Is that good news?
                    Not what I've heard. Supposedly David Gauke to Treasury Chief Secretary (i.e. No 2 to Osbourne and in the cabinet).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Not what I've heard. Supposedly David Gauke to Treasury Chief Secretary (i.e. No 2 to Osbourne and in the cabinet).
                      Hmmm well then, he'll be falling from a higher perch when the FTT goes our way!

Comment

Working...
                      X