• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard from someone else who has had all 4 APNs withdrawn - 2004/5, 5/6, 6/7 and 7/8

They had sent the Montpelier letter for 4/5 and 5/6 two weeks beforehand, and they were just about to send the letter for 6/7 and 7/8 when the withdrawal letters arrived.

The withdrawal letters just say this:

"We withdraw the accelerated payment notice issued to you because the notice was issued in error. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. There is no need for you to take any further action or make any payment in relation to this notice"

God knows what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Just heard from someone else who has had all 4 APNs withdrawn - 2004/5, 5/6, 6/7 and 7/8

They had sent the Montpelier letter for 4/5 and 5/6 two weeks beforehand, and they were just about to send the letter for 6/7 and 7/8 when the withdrawal letters arrived.

"We withdraw the accelerated payment notice issued to you because the notice was issued in error. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. There is no need for you to take any further action or make any payment in relation to this notice"

Thanks DR, is there any way that we can find out the reason for these withdrawals? Bit concerned that a devious plan is being enacted by HMRC and we will suddenly be hit with a surprise package we know nothing about and are totally unprepared for

Comment

Originally posted by Kevthered View Post
        Thanks DR, is there any way that we can find out the reason for these withdrawals? Bit concerned that a devious plan is being enacted by HMRC and we will suddenly be hit with a surprise package we know nothing about and are totally unprepared for
        have the users that have had their apns withdrawn logged into the hmrc website to see the years they have under dispute? Be interesting to see if the 'liability' is still there or not.

Comment

Have they looked to see if they had the wrong DOTAS numbers on them?

Comment

I'm getting a bit confused! (easily done)

I have only 1 year in dispute thankfully, and was with de graaf who have done a runner

have APN due this month which I can pay but obviously would rather not

1. I see some of you have appealed APN based on info from Montpellier which I haven't seen (not being a Montpellier client) - de graaf have done a runner so I'm on my todd in this. Am I able to appeal the APN, and if so on what basis?

2. This FTT business. I have read the NTRT newsletters but being a bear of small brain can't work out if the plan is to individually go to FTT or as a 1 group? Is this a MontP thing or also de graaf clients. I'm not relly sure what I should be doing here!!

thanks

Comment

Jeziz, that IS interesting. I sent me 4/5, 5/6 challenge about 2 weeks ago. Let's hope the snails don't eat this week's post.

Comment

Originally posted by xantamisch View Post
                I have only 1 year in dispute thankfully, and was with de graaf who have done a runner

have APN due this month which I can pay but obviously would rather not

1. I see some of you have appealed APN based on info from Montpellier which I haven't seen (not being a Montpellier client) - de graaf have done a runner so I'm on my todd in this. Am I able to appeal the APN, and if so on what basis?

2. This FTT business. I have read the NTRT newsletters but being a bear of small brain can't work out if the plan is to individually go to FTT or as a 1 group? Is this a MontP thing or also de graaf clients. I'm not relly sure what I should be doing here!!

thanks

Hi xantamisch,

I also have a deGraaf APN due for payment in a couple of weeks, and I'm sure that there are some others.

I'd love to 'make representations' to HMRC but frankly without any guidance from 'grab-the money-and-run DeGraaf' I don't know what to say.

I know that MTM have been providing advice for years from 06/07 forwards, but don't know what that was based on (in case it applies to us too).

Grip

Comment

Originally posted by GripRacing View Post
                  Hi xantamisch,

I also have a deGraaf APN due for payment in a couple of weeks, and I'm sure that there are some others.

I'd love to 'make representations' to HMRC but frankly without any guidance from 'grab-the money-and-run DeGraaf' I don't know what to say.

I know that MTM have been providing advice for years from 06/07 forwards, but don't know what that was based on (in case it applies to us too).

Grip
                  Try this?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...n-grounds.html

It seems that the withdrawn APN's and late APN's are related in some way. I suspect that whatever reason is driving the withdrawal is also proving a stumbling block to issue.

Unfortunately my contacts in HMRc are not on the APN teams. I've spoken with a couple and they are as clueless we we currently are on this issue. I'll try a few more but doubt that they will know much.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Got a call from Robbers&Crooks

Hi, I had a missed call from R&C, is it wise to call them back or
                    wait for them to call back?

Comment

dGraaf APNs

We will be including something for deGraaf users in the next NTRT newsletter in a week or so.

If this will be too late for you, get in contact.

ps. the George/TAA FTT applies to deGraaf members as well as Montpelier

Comment

Working...
                      X