• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    "You look tulip. Must be all that wine you bought yesterday. And get that unexpected item out of my bagging area."
    How about some Oil of UOlay?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Yet again the staff in Tesco did not request ID when I bought wine. I will just have to keep buying more until they do.
      any excuse to wear your Schoolgirl outfit then?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Which means I can start into the gritty business of using environments in Chef to ensure my local testing VMs use a local database server, while the live deployment to AWS EC2 uses an RDS server that I'm paying for but nothing is yet pointing at
        Much to my surprise, managed to get this working, and without breaking anything

Well, to be strictly accurate, the minor breakage I introduced only took a couple of minutes to fix, and the background service that actually writes to the database continued uninterrupted, so not a problem

Time for dinner now. I think a trip to the Chinese is in order

Comment

My fun last week was playing with flow.xo to create a phone insurance bot. It's fair to say I spent (almost) as much time on the small talk (not the 80s programming language) function as I did on fulfilling your insurance claim. My bot now deals with questions such as 'happy holidays' (it's US) 'do you like trump' and various forms of 'go away' in two words. Was demoed to investor on Friday, so will see how it went. Hopefully can get it finished next week.

Comment

various forms of 'go away' in two word
            Would you like me to UAT it?

Comment

My fun last week was playing with flow.xo to create a phone insurance bot. It's fair to say I spent (almost) as much time on the small talk (not the 80s programming language) function as I did on fulfilling your insurance claim. My bot now deals with questions such as 'happy holidays' (it's US) 'do you like trump' and various forms of 'go away' in two words. Was demoed to investor on Friday, so will see how it went. Hopefully can get it finished next week.
              Excellent!

I've got a bot project in mind too, but I want to get this automation stuff tidied up before diving into that

Comment

test please delete

TFBSZ. Impromptu meeting with the drummer earlier after someone told him our sound system was broken (that was the same someone who adjusted a load of settings without asking if he could, which caused the problem.
                Had to get all the gear out, stage box, 6 mics, everything. Drummer now understands that it all works perfectly as long as no one twiddles the knobs to make it sound bad.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's main feature, after the fall of Saigon while I ate dinner (and which I remember from first time around) was The Monuments Men, being the (based-on-a) true story of a bunch of fine art experts tasked with chasing, and sometimes getting ahead of, the Allied advance into Germany in 1944-45 for the purpose of securing works of art that had been looted by the Nazis, and returning them to their rightful places. Not a lot of explosions for a war film, but an enjoyable watch

And then some more of The Americans, as usual.

Goodnight all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

London, Union Jack Club, Imperial War Museum, Brick Lane for salt beef Bagels. Another Day on the Bench 🌋
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X