• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You need to do your duty and shop at the corner shop more often as he may be hit by business rate rises.
    this, seems the government is set upon driving any business who can't offer them a phony directorate out of business.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning Afternoon denizens

Quite Simpsonesque out there today, and rather mild with it

Seems a bit busy out - apparently the football people have visitors from Hull this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        this, seems the government is set upon driving any business who can't offer them a phony directorate out of business.
        Win, win, the ex shops then get converted into houses.

Still nursing a bit of a hangover but the top breakfast helped, especially the butchers breakfast sausage.
        Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 4 March 2017, 14:01.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Win, win, the ex shops then get converted into houses.

Still nursing a bit of a hangover but the top breakfast helped, especially the butchers breakfast sausage.
          I've decided that I'm not allowed my sausage and bacon baguette until I've at least started disassembling that damn kitchen cabinet. I probably won't take it to the tip today as the best route there is past the football place so the road will be closed, but just getting the thing leaning against the wall in pieces will brighten up my day considerably

Comment

Thought i'd scan a few receipts whilst I had half an hour spare. Having turned the printer off in order to go on holiday, I obviously had to reboot the laptop, router and then re-install the drivers before it would acknowledge it's own existence. So that's 90 minutes I won't get back. Cheers HP.

A considerable challenge to my zen like calm

Comment

The superfluous kitchen cabinet has been reduced to its component parts, such as they are

Once I got up close and personal with it, and with the microwave and other junk no longer on top, I realised it wasn't even attached to the wall. I undid the screws inside holding the top on, and it turned out there were also a bunch of panel pins attempting to hold it down, though they came away easily. The rest of it proved to also be held together with an assortment of differently-sized screws and panel pins, though once I'd got one side off I was able to just use leverage to get the rest of the bits off. (The plinth fell off of its own accord when I lifted it up.)

I think it's safe to say it wasn't put there by a professional kitchen fitter

Behind, beside, and underneath it: mouse droppings, a bunch of semi-bio-degraded carrier bags (I kept them down the side of it, but they proved too hard to get out and so have been sat there for about twelve years, which is time enough for Co-op ones to fall to bits of their own volition), dust, dirt, and a round teabag (not mine, as I don't use them). It looks as if the mice may have opened the tea bag but found the contents not to their taste.

There's also a couple of black marks on the top of the skirting board at either end, which I reckon is mouse sebum that has accreted there as they squeezed through the gap on their journeys back and forth

I've sprayed the area down with antibacterial cleaning spray, and am now having a rest. In a while I'll go through the arduous process of cleaning it up: scoop up bigger crud like mouse droppings and teabags first, then get on my knees and scrub the worst bits, and finally a go over with the steam mop.

Then, I'll finally be able to measure the gap between the skirting boards in that alcove. I know it's about 120cm but I'm hoping it's just over, as then I can fit the fridge and freezer in there side by side, which will be a major win in the organisation of the place. If it's a few mm too narrow (and it won't be more than a few mm), I'll be gutted

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I've decided that I'm not allowed my sausage and bacon baguette until I've at least started disassembling that damn kitchen cabinet. I probably won't take it to the tip today as the best route there is past the football place so the road will be closed, but just getting the thing leaning against the wall in pieces will brighten up my day considerably
                Going to the tip on a week day is often much quicker as it tends to emptier.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The superfluous kitchen cabinet has been reduced to its component parts, such as they are

Once I got up close and personal with it, and with the microwave and other junk no longer on top, I realised it wasn't even attached to the wall. I undid the screws inside holding the top on, and it turned out there were also a bunch of panel pins attempting to hold it down, though they came away easily. The rest of it proved to also be held together with an assortment of differently-sized screws and panel pins, though once I'd got one side off I was able to just use leverage to get the rest of the bits off. (The plinth fell off of its own accord when I lifted it up.)

I think it's safe to say it wasn't put there by a professional kitchen fitter

Behind, beside, and underneath it: mouse droppings, a bunch of semi-bio-degraded carrier bags (I kept them down the side of it, but they proved too hard to get out and so have been sat there for about twelve years, which is time enough for Co-op ones to fall to bits of their own volition), dust, dirt, and a round teabag (not mine, as I don't use them). It looks as if the mice may have opened the tea bag but found the contents not to their taste.

There's also a couple of black marks on the top of the skirting board at either end, which I reckon is mouse sebum that has accreted there as they squeezed through the gap on their journeys back and forth

I've sprayed the area down with antibacterial cleaning spray, and am now having a rest. In a while I'll go through the arduous process of cleaning it up: scoop up bigger crud like mouse droppings and teabags first, then get on my knees and scrub the worst bits, and finally a go over with the steam mop.

Then, I'll finally be able to measure the gap between the skirting boards in that alcove. I know it's about 120cm but I'm hoping it's just over, as then I can fit the fridge and freezer in there side by side, which will be a major win in the organisation of the place. If it's a few mm too narrow (and it won't be more than a few mm), I'll be gutted

Felt a little ill reading the rest, however.

Makes me wonder what is "hidden" for later discovery in our kitchen
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Oh, and the wall behind where it stood is the colour that was originally there before the place was painted bright yellow: a sort of russet colour like this , which must have made the place incredibly dark and gloomy

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Going to the tip on a week day is often much quicker as it tends to emptier.
                      Yes, that's what I try to do - the tip folk sometimes even take stuff off me as I'm getting it out of the car and carry it to the appropriate skip themselves on weekdays

Comment

Working...
                      X