• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Kind of a strange misty day today

Where I am we are above the mist so it is one of the photo op sort of days.

pity I do not have a decent camera or somewhere to upload it to.

anyway bacon n black pud bap (barm/cob etc) consumed and on second cup of coffee.
    I think www.modsblowgoats.com is looking for photos.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      At the RSA, which sounds a bit like an industrial injury
      See above
      I always think of RSA as an encryption device.

Okay I will go onto google and go through the 10000 definitions of the TLA.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

https://www.thersa.org/

Comment

If it is there, I went for lunch there once. With my mate Greg.

Comment

If it is there, I went for lunch there once. With my mate Greg.
            Who was picked on by itcontractor.com

I just looked - the original insult appears to have been deleted.

Comment

I think www.modsblowgoats.com is looking for photos.....
              Think your link is broken....

Comment

Morning all.
                Clear blue in South Herts.

Comment

See above
                  I thought you meant you were off to Cape Town!
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Back at the hotel, having treated myself to a ride on the Piccadilly line

Suppose I ought to get to sleep, given that I'm supposed to be here for this conference and it starts at - unbelievably - 9am

That's actual talks-start-time; registration is from 8am. It's in the centre of London, FFS, nobody will get there on time if it starts that early

As I'm in Holborn and it's at the Royal Society of Arts, just beyond the other side of Strand, this is the one time I could really use the Aldwych branch; but they closed it down years ago
                    Do keep up
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

LOL. Sad but true.....
                      I actually ought to update the story. As when we got to Leeds, the front 3 carriages headed off to Scarborough. There was no news on the fate of the rear 3, but it’s safe to assume a destination other than Scarborough was intended. Sometime next year they will be getting brand new trains for the express services. I understand these will have 5 carriages, including a larger 1st class section. This means the class 185’s will be freed up to a) spend more time running in double formation and b) be given the job of replacing those hateful class 142 pacers on the Leeds-Manchester route*. And not a decade too soon.

*via Hudds, but not via Halifax which will retain its British Leyland shame for some time to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X