• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Ironbridge almost the first bit of sunshine in 2 weeks
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just herded a bluebottle out through the window.

It must have come down the chimney.

Sky is intermittently grey with intermittent blue bits and intermittent hot sunshine.

The Saturday afternoon shop has been done, and one of the dvds available for purchase starred Humphrey Bogart in "Beat the Devil".

I seemed to remember seeing that recently so left it where it was.

Though it was a different dvd company on this one, so presumably lacking the Tony Curtis touch.

Sun's out.

No.

Gone in again.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2017, 14:02.

Comment

Grey now

Blue earlier

Some gardening done

Need to fix a puncture luckily it's a quick release wheel.

Need to shower and go to supermarket to shop and pick up some stuff.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Turned a bit Simpsons here now

Just popped up to the Amazon Locker to collect a parcel containing, among other things, a new battery for the Toyota's key.

The button tops came off years ago (before I even owned it) and the switch for "lock" has become a tad unreliable of late, which seems to be due to wear on the switch. So I dug out the spare key, but its battery was flat, because in the future keys need batteries

Anyway, all sorted now, and I can lock/unlock the car from much further away than before, though I can't see any benefit to that whatsoever.

Also, it's much cheaper to buy batteries, even name-brand ones, in bulk from suppliers on Amazon. The car will probably need to run for another hundred years or so before I've used up this pack of ten batteries, which cost about the same as a blister pack of two would in the shops

Comment

Sky blue now.

My click and collect parcel was exercise clothes and mud guards.

For some reason it has gotten to the point it is less hassle to click and collect everything from random local shops then travel to the actual shop to buy the stuff.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Spent the last couple of hours sorting the various collections of loose change we had in bottles and boxes.

£190 quids worth all told.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                In Ironbridge almost the first bit of sunshine in 2 weeks
                I was in Blists Hill a couple of weeks ago. Amazing place!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Spent the last couple of hours sorting the various collections of loose change we had in bottles and boxes.

£190 quids worth all told.

How many pairs of shoes will the wife buy with that?

Comment

Just took me ten minutes to rearrange the contents of the freezer such that I could fit two portions of last night's curry in there. I knew buying a "family size" bag of frozen peas was a mistake

Tomorrow I'll be trying to fit Yorkshire puds in there as I forgot to get any but I'm having roast beef, so I'll need to get some from Sainsbury's Local.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Turned a bit Simpsons here now

Just popped up to the Amazon Locker to collect a parcel containing, among other things, a new battery for the Toyota's key.

The button tops came off years ago (before I even owned it) and the switch for "lock" has become a tad unreliable of late, which seems to be due to wear on the switch. So I dug out the spare key, but its battery was flat, because in the future keys need batteries

Anyway, all sorted now, and I can lock/unlock the car from much further away than before, though I can't see any benefit to that whatsoever.

Also, it's much cheaper to buy batteries, even name-brand ones, in bulk from suppliers on Amazon. The car will probably need to run for another hundred years or so before I've used up this pack of ten batteries, which cost about the same as a blister pack of two would in the shops
                      I buy mine from Lidl(tm) (what a surprise). They do cards of assorted batteries for £1.99.

Youe'v reminded me of a ZeitPurchasingError whereby, instead of ordering a card of 10 cells, I purchased 10 cards of 10 cells, so we've had enough LR44 cells to last us for 8 or 9 years.

Which is lucky since this lot seem to have cut my spares budget to zero for the last couple of years or so.

Which is a change from the previous £5k/year I was used to.

Happily the ZeitBroadband has now returned from its previous inactive state which always pisses me off.

They seem to do stuff in the exchange on Sunday afternoons.

This time it was a Saturday.

It is Saturday, innit?

I've lost track in all the excitement.

The ZeitLunch was beans on toast without a pasty or steak & kidney pie.

The ZeitTea was spag bol which was very nice.

Living the dream, as ever.

And the ZeitSundayLunch will be beef this week.

There seem to be an awful lot of "Beat the Devil" dvds available on Amazon.

Most of them have terrible reviews re the transfer quality.

The one I watched seemed ok to me though, apart from Tony Curtis's wig.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2017, 17:21.

Comment

Working...
                      X