• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had the timings for the Prudential bike races through the door. We're on lockdown from 5am until 5pm.
    They say in the flyer that if you are a business you might want to bring in extra staff on the day. Not in the countryside they won't, because the stupid races close all the roads in and out of some villages. No point in a restaurant opening on a summer sunday if no customers can get to it.
    But we are all supposed to rejoice in the extra trade the races bring to the area.

...they don't. They bring MAMILs who cycle through villages for weeks before and weeks after shouting at each other about "how f@cking peaceful/beautiful it is round here" while dropping their spent energy gel sachets on the road and urinating up against house walls.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh. Prudential Bike races.

London & South East.

Oh dear(tm). Of zero concern to me.

Amazed that Godwin's law hasn't struck the Bill Gates thread.

Yet.

Temptation oh Temptation.

Get thee behind me Satan. :nazi:
      Last edited by zeitghost; 5 July 2017, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Is it me, NAT and Cojak?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Just had the timings for the Prudential bike races through the door. We're on lockdown from 5am until 5pm.
          They say in the flyer that if you are a business you might want to bring in extra staff on the day. Not in the countryside they won't, because the stupid races close all the roads in and out of some villages. No point in a restaurant opening on a summer sunday if no customers can get to it.
          But we are all supposed to rejoice in the extra trade the races bring to the area.

...they don't. They bring MAMILs who cycle through villages for weeks before and weeks after shouting at each other about "how f@cking peaceful/beautiful it is round here" while dropping their spent energy gel sachets on the road and urinating up against house walls.
          DaveB has a lot to answer for.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Oh. Prudential Bike races.

London & South East.

Oh dear(tm). Of zero concern to me.

Amazed that Godwin's law hasn't struck the Bill Gates thread.

Yet.

Temptation oh Temptation.

Get thee behind me Satan. :nazi:
            When we have something on coal mining, we will let you know....

Comment

Lunch was Greggs steak bake.

It is hot outside.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Getting very bored now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Smoked ham cob (wholemeal) and a bag of plain crisps for lunch. Living it up
                  Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Breakfast was eggs. spinach (fresh from a friends allotment) & Goats cheese

Lunch TBD.
                  Great to see the standard of lunch descriptions has improved to acceptable levels.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    DaveB has a lot to answer for.....
                    Yep - I'm trapped from 1am until 8pm.

Though they lie and say you can use your car earlier. If you do you end up sitting in traffic for 2-3 hours. Was fun watching the Uber drivers stuck last year.

The main choices for getting around are foot, train, tube and if you are lucky push bike.

Oh and a nurse I was talking to last year managed to get her car out to go to work at 4.30am though she had to go the long way round due to road closures. She wasn't pleased as she had to get up an hour earlier.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Patio temp 32.0C, 990hPa pressure, 0.9mph wind from WSW (battery needs replaced in the anemometer and the rain gauge), one tiny cloud popping out from around the oak tree in the field behind us. Dog collapsed on the floor beside me...
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X