• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and NF I was looking at bright yellow
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I should have said the light colours have all gone white there as the brighter colours aren't as bright. So I need to choose one of the colours that doesn't annoy me in the day.
      ◼︎
      Always popular

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Oh and NF I was looking at bright yellow

It gets pretty wearing after a few years…

One particular problem is that electric light tends to also be on the yellow side and that's greatly reinforced if it's reflecting off yellow walls, so after dark when it isn't being cut by natural light you end up with everything suffused with a yellow tint. Sometimes when I'm cooking, I have to use the LED on my phone to get an idea of what colour something such as a frying steak actually is

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It gets pretty wearing after a few years…

One particular problem is that electric light tends to also be on the yellow side and that's greatly reinforced if it's reflecting off yellow walls, so after dark when it isn't being cut by natural light you end up with everything suffused with a yellow tint. Sometimes when I'm cooking, I have to use the LED on my phone to get an idea of what colour something such as a frying steak actually is
          I'm actually going for a colour I painted another room which is more cream coloured.

The yellow was too bright during the day when the sun shone through on two of the walls as the room is West facing.

The only other colour I considered looked fine during daylight but looks white and stark under artificial light.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I feel quite worn out. How come sitting around waiting for a delivery, or for a gasman, is so tiring?

Comment

test please delete

The Wife (tm) is working away tomorrow/Wednesday, so it's just me and The Dog (tw). Turns out the new band I'm in have a practice tomorrow night. That may involve a sherbet or two...

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The chicken was very nice, and furthermore it cooked in the projected time rather than having to be returned to the oven for a further half hour, as usually happened with the old oven

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Light enough to see that it's grey out there today, and having left the kitchen window open it seems to be a bit chilly at the moment too

Comment

today

On the plus side, I had a really good night's sleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X