• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Ooh, it's suddenly getting cloudy out, and now we've got a 60% likelihood of one in the next hour
      At lunchtime we had giant drops of rain from a solitary cloud which buggered off so it stopped.

This afternoon it sort of picked away with the same sort of drops though it got more & more overcast.

This, however, didn't prevent the 2nd trip to the dump today.

The glass cutter thingie from Wilko's proved as useful as any of the previous ones I've bought.

As for reducing the size of the panes, I used a claw hammer.

It seemed to work.

After much practice with said glass cutter thingie, I eventually persuaded a couple of bits of glass to break along the "dotted line".

Most of them didn't.

Hence the claw hammer.

Then it was time to take said glass and accumulated bits of wood from the Strangelove parents' house down to the dump.

Seeing as it's got lead based paint on it, I thought better of having some building oik burning it on the back lane.

The council can do it instead.

Having semiexhausted myself, and since it was raining a bit, I cut the lawns.

However I only 4 today, I couldn't be arsed to do the front two.

Thanks to the sparkies rewiring the Strangelove parents' abode, the power down to the garage & shed is cut off, so it was time to get the looooooong extension lead so I could clean the inside of the car.

No one mistook me for a tip supervisor today.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      FAO NickFitz (although I'm sure he's seen it already.

You heartless barsteward.

That's my life that is.

This evening's early evening epic was "Porky's" which, to my alarm, was made in 1981. Life goes quick when you're enjoying yersen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084522/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Porky's was followed by "Oceans 11" (1960) with the ratpack.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054135/

Twas ok, but took its time.

Nice twist at the end that I saw coming.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2018, 06:58.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thunder!

Either that or a rather unwell lorry was briefly out of control outside…

Comment

Teeming down out there two minutes ago, and now not a drop falling from the sky. Yet still no thunder and lightning

My sister was born during an almighty thunderstorm.

I, on the other hand, was born in very clement conditions. It was on a Sunday morning. Easter Sunday that year, as it happens.

And right now is the anniversary of it; for now, my birthday commences

Comment

Teeming down out there two minutes ago, and now not a drop falling from the sky. Yet still no thunder and lightning

My sister was born during an almighty thunderstorm.

I, on the other hand, was born in very clement conditions. It was on a Sunday morning. Easter Sunday that year, as it happens.

And right now is the anniversary of it; for now, my birthday commences

Comment

Raining again.

Proper Depressing Direly Dank type rain.

Ho hum.

Stone me, it's been busy in here since I posted that.

Lunch was some ancient chunks of beef that I found in the freezer having been mistaken in my assumption that there was some newer stuff somewhere.

The Model Railway collection of the late DrStrangelove Snr has been boxed up & removed from the possibility of destruction by the building oiks.

A number of ancient pillows and a couple of duvets are about to meet the tip.

Plus an eiderdown (remember those?) and a thing that goes over the top of the eiderdown.

I suspect that this evening's entertainment may well include "Ocean's Eleven(2001)" just to see how different that is.

It's odd that Mr Sinatra was the first actor to play "John McClane" later made famous by Mr Willis in "Die Hard", other than being called "Joe Leland" in "The Detective".
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2018, 11:59.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out there today

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Plus an eiderdown (remember those?) and a thing that goes over the top of the eiderdown.
                  Counterpane?

Comment

Counterpane?
                    Yes, that's right.

It came to me just as said counterpane hit the top of the skip.

Two duvets, an eiderdown, 4 pillows, and a bolster (double pillow), all gone.

I'm fairly sure one of the duvets was practically new, but who would want a 2nd hand duvet?

I've now emptied both wardrobes and the dressing table.

Only the blanket box to go, then, fingers crossed, I'm done & dusted.

I can't turn around in Strangelove Towers, but there you go.

I suppose I could get rid of 20 or 30 years of electronics magazines to make some space.

Not to mention hundreds of books, dvds and video cassettes.

Yesterday's glass exploits seem to have left me with curiously invisible splinters.

Which isn't very good.

And the pollen count is unpleasantly high, high enough to cause itchy eyes & ears despite the antihistamine this morning.

Ho hum.

Comment

Sausage and bacon cob (with ketchup) for lunch, BTW

Comment

Working...
                      X