• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold turkey on the ibuprofen.

Literally everyfeckingthing hurts, and not in a good way.

But, looking on the bright side as ever, at least I got the washing done yesterday evening.

I'm sat here watching the swallows/swifts/house martins/whatever the feck they are busily swooping up and down the line of the canal building up fat from their imminent long journey to Africa.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 9 September 2017, 08:08.

Comment

Morning denizens

Feeling most refreshed after a good long sleep. It's a bright sunny start here too

Cloud and rain forecast shortly, though, building up to the promise of thunderstorms in the afternoon

Comment

Exercise done

Some chores to do before I go out on the piss.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

test please delete

Sunny in Devon. Might go to Millers to get some wine, or Mole Avon to get stuff.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Rain's arrived. Going to make myself a fry-up in a bit

Comment

A fine morning until I got out of the car in Neath, whereupon it started picking, got worse as I trudged around and by the time I finished it was torrential, verging on murrain of beasts, wet through the jacket down to the shirt, jeans soaked, and carrier bags half full of soaking wet shopping.

Not a happy lizard & no mistake.

Lunch consisted of a Pukka steak pie (Morrisons, reduced), with Heinz baked beans, followed by, for some odd reason, some sweetcorn, all of which was very nice.

And, since I'm now back in the house, the fecking sun's come out.

But, looking on the bright side as ever, at least I won't be cutting the ever present lawns this afternoon.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 9 September 2017, 12:36.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Rain's arrived. Going to make myself a fry-up in a bit
                Rain's gone again, and it's sunny. Fry-up has been prepared and consumed, and very nice too

And I've changed the bed, though on reflection I should have done it before eating rather than on a full stomach, given the exertion involved

Next up: boring work-related laundry

Comment

South Wales Evening Post read.

That's the first one I've bought in a loooooong while.

The headline about sinkholes in Beechwood avenue grabbed my attention.

According to the esteemed council & British Coal, it's not mining related.

As the saying goes, yeah, right.

Actually the article was really a publicity ploy by some survey company or other.

Who are dead right when they say there's a lot of holes in the ground around there.

Some of which are pretty deep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-41171808

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...homes-13589781
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 9 September 2017, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    South Wales Evening Post read.

That's the first one I've bought in a loooooong while.

The headline about sinkholes in Beechwood avenue grabbed my attention.

According to the esteemed council & British Coal, it's not mining related.

As the saying goes, yeah, right.

Actually the article was really a publicity ploy by some survey company or other.

Who are dead right when they say there's a lot of holes in the ground around there.

Some of which are pretty deep.

Neath sinkhole raises mines safety fears on street - BBC News
                    Next time the tip's closed, you know where to go

Comment

Washing done. And the rain is back, this time in "torrential" mode

Comment

Working...
                      X