• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We totally aced the Olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that the Olympics been an astonishing success after a shaky day 1 and 2 with the seats problem.

England has the potential to be a true world beater in other areas but is there the will and opportunity for change ?

I hope the Olympics sparks something hopeful in Britain, I truly do. Its done wonders for National pride I think. More so than say the football when it was hosted in England in the 90s.

Comment

A Jewish man walks into a bar and sits down. He has a few drinks, then he sees a chinese man and punches him in the face. "Ouch!" the chinese man says. "What was that for?" "That was for Pearl Harbor," the Jewish man says. "But I'm Chinese!" "Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference?" And the jewish man sits back down. Then, the chinese man walks up to the Jewish man and punches him in the face. "Ouch!" the Jewish man says. "What was that for?" "That was for the Titanic," the chinese man says. "But that was an iceberg!" "Ice berg, Goldberg, what's the difference?"

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Jeez, you go out to watch a few meteorites, and all hell breaks loose.

It was good up on the hills, but chilly and blowy. we got some good viewings

now i owe the misus big time because she stayed off the G+T in order to drive me up there.

gonna go again tonight, if it's not cloudy.

anyways - carry on

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          A Jewish man walks into a bar and sits down. He has a few drinks, then he sees a chinese man and punches him in the face. "Ouch!" the chinese man says. "What was that for?" "That was for Pearl Harbor," the Jewish man says. "But I'm Chinese!" "Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference?" And the jewish man sits back down. Then, the chinese man walks up to the Jewish man and punches him in the face. "Ouch!" the Jewish man says. "What was that for?" "That was for the Titanic," the chinese man says. "But that was an iceberg!" "Ice berg, Goldberg, what's the difference?"

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Jeez, you go out to watch a few meteorites, and all hell breaks loose.

It was good up on the hills, but chilly and blowy. we got some good viewings

now i owe the misus big time because she stayed off the G+T in order to drive me up there.

gonna go again tonight, if it's not cloudy.

anyways - carry on

All hell? Not really, I tried to hold a reasoned debate with someone who reckons I'm on a par with Adolf Hitler. :nazi:

I'll not be making that mistake again.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              All hell? Not really, I tried to hold a reasoned debate with someone who reckons I'm on a par with Adolf Hitler. :nazi:

I'll not be making that mistake again.
              Par?

Don't be modest. You taught him everything he knew.

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Par?

Don't be modest. You taught him everything he knew.

Sometimes you're mildly amusing and sometimes you're a twat.

Unfortunately the times that you're a twat far outweigh the mildly amusing times.

I don't think we're getting value for money and I demand an enquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  I don't think we're getting value for money
                  How much did you pay?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    How much did you pay?
                    Me? Nothing. I still want a ******* refund though!

Anyway peeps, I'm off into Manchester for a beer, kebab and a fight, not necessarily in that order!*

*I am of course joking about the kebab.
                    Last edited by SupremeSpod; 11 August 2012, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Now if only we could only fix the:

1) useless upper class
                      2) useless underclass
                      3) economy

...we'd be laughing
                      Not to mention the self-serving useless middle class. That only leaves the hard-working, salt-of-the-earth working classes to rescue us!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X