• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We totally aced the Olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally, totally aced it. So what if home advantage played a part, big or small?

Are some people seriously saying home advantage didnt help in previous Olympics when held in the US, Australia, Barcelona etc, etc?

Yes, there have been a few hiccups here and there regarding accredited seating etc. But, I've seen a lot of Olympics where the stadia have had lots of empty seats even when showpiece events have been on.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Totally, totally aced it. So what if home advantage played a part, big or small?

Are some people seriously saying home advantage didnt help in preuroevious Olympics when held in the US, Australia, Barcelona etc, etc?

Yes, there have been a few hiccups here and there regarding accredited seating etc. But, I've seen a lot of Olympics where the stadia have had lots of empty seats even when showpiece events have been on.
      I was a real cynic about the games before they started but I've been completely converted.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        He formed an opinion based on those words. If you're going to interfere then at least do a bit of research first.
        I'm confused here.
        On what grounds is one meant to make an opinion of somebody, if not their stated, seemingly unambiguous words?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I'm confused here.
          On what grounds is one meant to make an opinion of somebody, if not their stated, seemingly unambiguous words?
          Coming from you, that is absolutely hilarious!

Old Greg, I'll rephrase my original comment, just so that there's no misunderstanding.

"In my personal experience of working with and for members of the Jewish community both in Manchester and Jerusalem I have found them to be insular and self-serving. I was left in no doubt of my position that as a gentile I was deemed inferior."

Infer from that what you like.
          Last edited by SupremeSpod; 12 August 2012, 14:35.

Comment

In the meanwhile, weve just won another gold!

Whooooo! High five. Team GB!!!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              In the meanwhile, weve just won another gold!

Whooooo! High five. Team GB!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Are some people seriously saying home advantage didnt help in previous Olympics when held in the US, Australia, Barcelona etc, etc?

All I'm saying is people are getting carried away, TeamGB have performed well, however there no way they would have won as many medals if these olympics were not n London.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  Coming from you, that is absolutely hilarious!

Old Greg, I'll rephrase my original comment, just so that there's no misunderstanding.

"In my personal experience of working with and for members of the Jewish community both in Manchester and Jerusalem I have found them to be insular and self-serving. I was left in no doubt of my position that as a gentile I was deemed inferior."

Infer from that what you like.
                  In my experience, most groups of people look down on other groups of people. It's human nature.

most tend to hide it quite well though.

Admittedly some people do make great efforts to treat everyone else fairly and with respect, but we all need somebody to hate. as my previous boss used to say.

The people who deny this, when you pin them down, come out with the standard thicko response 'ah yes, but that's different'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    All I'm saying is people are getting carried away, TeamGB have performed well, however there no way they would have won as many medals if these olympics were not n London.
                    All I am saying Russel is that you are a thicko.

Team GB would have had he same level of success if the games were not held in London.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

TeamGB are actually 4th after Russia if you look at total medals, which is a more sensible way to order the table? Say for example country A won 60 silvers 30 bronze and 0 golds, but country B won 1 gold 0 other medals, would country A be more succesfull than country B?

Comment

Working...
                      X