• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We totally aced the Olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not to mention the self-serving useless middle class. That only leaves the hard-working, salt-of-the-earth working classes to rescue us!
    All classes are self-serving.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      All hell? Not really, I tried to hold a reasoned debate with someone who reckons I'm on a par with Adolf Hitler. :nazi:

I'll not be making that mistake again.
      The classic anti-semite circle completes: the anti-semite as victim. First of all he is employed by Jews who are in it for themselves where he is used because he is a gentile. Now he is being accused isof being on a par with Hitler, when all he has done is tell the truth about there people.

It is an arduous and lonely path but someone must walk it.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Now if only we could only fix the:

1) useless upper class
        2) useless underclass
        3) economy

...we'd be laughing
        Aced?

We came 3rd. Stiff upper lip in defeat, and all that.

Mind you, we do have the excuse that those ahead of us have 6-20 times the population of the UK to choose from.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          Aced?

Mind you, we do have the excuse that those ahead of us have 6-20 times the population of the UK to choose from.
          Home advantage plays a huge role, we should have been at least second. Chris Hoy designed the velodrome where he wone hs medals for god sake.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post

Home advantage plays a huge role, we should have been at least second. Chris Hoy designed the velodrome where he wone hs medals for god sake.
            Yup, and the crowds cheering for the home teams
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              What a stupid thing to say.Louie you should change your name to thickie.

Home advantage plays a small role but does not guarantee a medal. You still need the world class talent to go and compete and win.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                The classic anti-semite circle completes: the anti-semite as victim. First of all he is employed by Jews who are in it for themselves where he is used because he is a gentile. Now he is being accused isof being on a par with Hitler, when all he has done is tell the truth about there people.

It is an arduous and lonely path but someone must walk it.
                You really do need help.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                  Aced?

I would call it aced, since we aren't really competing with the US and China.
                  Germany, France and Italy are not even close. And we've beaten Russia.
                  Basically this small island is tangling it with the big boys.

Aced? Oh yeah I would call that accurate.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I would call it aced, since we aren't really competing with the US and China.
                    Germany, France and Italy are not even close. And we've beaten Russia.
                    Basically this small island is tangling it with the big boys.

Aced? Oh yeah I would call that accurate.
                    It sticks in my throat, but whs.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      What a stupid thing to say.Louie you should change your name to thickie.

Home advantage plays a small role but does not guarantee a medal. You still need the world class talent to go and compete and win.
                      Why do you think they play sports finals (Football etc) at a neutral ground and elimination stages are usually done home and away? They don't go to all that trouble because home advantage plays a "small role". The name calling uncalled for IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                      X