Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Posts 61 to 70 of 419

Lord of Ruin

Diver is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Massive hack attack on major banks nets gang 100's of millions and may disrupt UK banking for several days and compromise thousands of customer accounts
    LINKY
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Nervous Newbie

mercenary has no reputation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having recently got the boot from RBS, I hope this starts a trend of bring work back onshore.

On the business side, the Japanese tsunami made managers think about have an alternative centre up north of UK.

So maybe we will be back in business?

Nervous Newbie

mercenary has no reputation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is interesting that this first occurred on Tuesday night. Normally we have applied batch patches/changes to banking systems on the weekend after the Friday night batch so the first problem will be encountered on Monday night.

Tuesday is more of a staging test day! I reckon (as happened to me before) the <mod snip> bob was meant to be testing the staging system but applied it in production!!!!

Having got the boot myself from RBS last year I am suddenly hoping that this should trigger the return of the onshore IT worker in banks.......
    Last edited by cojak; 23rd June 2012 at 11:08. Reason: Not acceptable, don't insult the individual

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    But bobs live in a world where competition for jobs is high and they get fired for farting. What would you do in that culture??
    When I say it's a cultural thing, it's not the individuals at fault, it's a stupid culture where people get fired for farting, rather than being incompetent. At least in the west people get fired for pointing out problems and trying to get them fixed, or being a threat to incompetent managers, rather than being incompetent...

oh.
    You won. Get over it.

--drunk on abuse of power--

Contractor Among Contractors

Bumfluff has no reputation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mercenary View Post
    It is interesting that this first occurred on Tuesday night. Normally we have applied batch patches/changes to banking systems on the weekend after the Friday night batch so the first problem will be encountered on Monday night.

Tuesday is more of a staging test day! I reckon (as happened to me before) the <mod snip> bob was meant to be testing the staging system but applied it in production!!!!

Having got the boot myself from RBS last year I am suddenly hoping that this should trigger the return of the onshore IT worker in banks.......
    I thought that to, also Iv seen same at RBS logged into prod only to find Bob had released uat code and pointed it to a uat db!

Super poster

oscarose is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mercenary View Post
    Tuesday is more of a staging test day! I reckon (as happened to me before) the f***** bob was meant to be testing the staging system but applied it in production!!!!
    one day at a time

Godlike

BolshieBastard has more data than eek

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    It doesn't matter a damn who wrote the code, the people testing and reviewing and managing deployment/backup and emergency scenarios are the ones who are to blame and I very much doubt those roles are all off-shored.
    All code has bugs - Bobcode might be more buggy but eventually even a team of ace developers will drop clangers. And even if the bugs don't get detected, not having adequate disaster recovery can't really be blamed on Bob.

To automatically suggest a major problem is down to offshore devs is borderline racist really.
    Honestly, where to fooking start!?

Developers never write tulipe code? Developers always react politely when being told there are defects? Developers are always happy to discuss issues with their work?

Business \ Program Managers always schedule full testing, do they? Business \ Program managers never drop tests to meet deadlines, do they? Business \ Program managers never say dont bother testing that, it'll work ok in Production, do they?

Test teams never under resourced, are they? Test team often made up of the cheapest available resource, are they? Test teams often put together with people who've worked for the client before so they are always the best option are they? Testing isnt often squeezed into an impossible time slot at the end of the project calendar, is it?

Oh, and testing isnt done by off shore teams who everyone knows produces utter tulipe, is it?

Fook off, will ya?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Super poster

oscarose is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Honestly, where to fooking start!?

Developers never write tulipe code? Developers always react politely when being told there are defects? Developers are always happy to discuss issues with their work?

Business \ Program Managers always schedule full testing, do they? Business \ Program managers never drop tests to meet deadlines, do they? Business \ Program managers never say dont bother testing that, it'll work ok in Production, do they?

Test teams never under resourced, are they? Test team often made up of the cheapest available resource, are they? Test teams often put together with people who've worked for the client before so they are always the best option are they? Testing isnt often squeezed into an impossible time slot at the end of the project calendar, is it?

Oh, and testing isnt done by off shore teams who everyone knows produces utter tulipe, is it?

Fook off, will ya?
    +1
    Last edited by oscarose; 23rd June 2012 at 09:17. Reason: quote error
    one day at a time

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just got a text saying "We have fixed the initial problem and are now working on clearing the backlog." Then again, I'm pretty sure they said that the other night

Some things in Moderation

cojak - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarose View Post
    I'm onto it OR.

mercenary, that wasn't acceptable, please don't do it again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast