• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS 'Computer Glitch'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The group's head of consumer banking was just on Radio 4's Money Box, grovelling.

At the end the bloke asked if she thought she and her colleagues would be given a bonus this year. Looooooong pause...

Comment

This is one of the all time great **** ups. Breaking it is one thing, taking a week to fix it is quite another.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Im thinking of opening a backup current account or maybe savings account that comes with a cash card.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The group's head of consumer banking was just on Radio 4's Money Box, grovelling.

At the end the bloke asked if she thought she and her colleagues would be given a bonus this year. Looooooong pause...
          Its not customer services who f**ked up
          Maybe they should be getting the bonuses that would have gone to the IT staff

To be fair to her though, I thought she was doing OK although she didn't seem to appreciate that people have to pay extra for calling a 0845 number and she should have had an alternative ready there and then.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            Im thinking of opening a backup current account or maybe savings account that comes with a cash card.
            It does make one wonder.. I've got a couple of emergency credit cards just in case.

There are stories of people being stuck abroad with no money because their Natwest card has been declined. What would they have done if they had lost or broken that card?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              It does make one wonder.. I've got a couple of emergency credit cards just in case.
              I too have several credit cards with different banks that would sort me in an emergency. I dont know, it just shows how easily things can fail and Im the sort of person who likes to be prepared.

Comment

Has anyone heard from Suity?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  I too have several credit cards with different banks that would sort me in an emergency. I dont know, it just shows how easily things can fail and Im the sort of person who likes to be prepared.
                  There were a couple of Sundays back in the early nineties when none of the cash machine on my area were working. The first was around the time that Kuwait got invaded by Iraq (August 1990), and the second was the The forced closure of BCCI (July 5, 1991 was a Friday).

On both occasions I suspected that the banks couldn't tell which credit cards were linked to affected banks, so simply closed the lot to be on the safe side.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Email from them now, including a link to a page of apology on their website. A bit unfortunate that they've left all the standard bits on there:

Last edited by NickFitz; 23 June 2012, 14:46.

Comment

They seem to have lost track of money going into accounts. They have hinted at data corruption I was wondering this morning if external incoming transaction information got fecked up and they will have lost some of that completely.

Comment

Working...
                      X