• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phileds View Post
    MP running out of cash? How? Why? Not too good with numbers perhaps? Companies running out of cash can just shut down or declare bankruptcy. What with the length of time just this one scheme ran (one no doubt of several they were/are running), the number of members, and the fees each of them were paying....nah, don't buy it.
    You don't buy it, fair enough.

But would you give them a cheque for over £40,000? Because that's what they're demanding off me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      You don't buy it, fair enough.

But would you give them a cheque for over £40,000? Because that's what they're demanding off me!!!
      I would not discuss it where WG can listen.

Comment

APN "charge" from MP

Will NTRT be sending out a missive with advice on this? It does look like if MP fail to get the cash from HMRC then they're going after us. As with everyone else I didn't agree to any additional costs (and the advice has been, well, non-existant).

Also, HMRC told me to go swivel when requesting the correct interest on my refunded APN, is there any avenue left to follow on that or is it as they say "tough".

Comment

Originally posted by nearlyover View Post
          Also, HMRC told me to go swivel when requesting the correct interest on my refunded APN, is there any avenue left to follow on that or is it as they say "tough".
          Not my area, but you could try pointing them to penultimate paragraph 73 of this: Walapu v HM Revenue & Customs [2016] EWHC 658 (Admin) (23 March 2016). Although I've never looked to see if this applies when an APN is rescinded or just following a final court decision.

Comment

Montpelier are saying that if you don't pay the APN invoice you'll get no more help in the future. So it's a case of pay up, or you're on your own.

They seem to forget that they took 10% of all our money in fees.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
              Montpelier are saying that if you don't pay the APN invoice you'll get no more help in the future. So it's a case of pay up, or you're on your own.

They seem to forget that they took 10% of all our money in fees.

Was it an invoice? It looks to me that they were seeking permission to reclaim the money from HMRC?

Perhaps WG would like to register and respond?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Was it an invoice? It looks to me that they were seeking permission to reclaim the money from HMRC?
                Yes but they want the money off you first, then they'll try and claim it back.

Dawn was pretty clear, if you don't pay then that terminates the relationship.

Comment

Should I be making this thread a stickie again?

The following posts asking about loan repayments have been moved here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2239477
                  Last edited by cojak; 16 April 2016, 12:25. Reason: Asked move posts.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
                    Yes but they want the money off you first, then they'll try and claim it back.

Dawn was pretty clear, if you don't pay then that terminates the relationship.
                    How does Dawn know if you actually received the letter?

They haven't sent them recorded.

My advice for what it's worth.

1. Don't pay
                    2. Don't reply

If you ever do need help from Montp then by all means contact them and if they say you didn't pay the invoice, you simple say that you didn't receive it but would be happy to pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                      How does Dawn know if you actually received the letter?

They haven't sent them recorded.

My advice for what it's worth.

1. Don't pay
                      2. Don't reply

If you ever do need help from Montp then by all means contact them and if they say you didn't pay the invoice, you simple say that you didn't receive it but would be happy to pay it.

I'd tend to agree although bear in mind if you've also been involved with the Loan in addition to the DOTAS schemes, the more cash WG aka Montp receives the more able they are to pursue repayment of the loans (different issue I know, but linked). Loan repayment is a much greater problem then tax.

Obviously if you were DOTAS only this is not so much of a consideration.

In summary I agree, do not pay I doubt by now WG/Montp has much help to offer compared to the other groups.

Cheers
                      ooc
                      Last edited by Out Of Cash; 18 April 2016, 16:12.
                      ooc

Comment

Working...
                      X