• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

First Contract role in the Uk - advice required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    First Contract role in the Uk - advice required

    Hi Forum Members,

    British citizen - I have spent the last 3.5 years in Aus and contracting there. I have moved back to the UK and just got a contract at a bank. First time for me contracting in the UK - set up a Limited Company this week and have been contacted by a company called Darwin who tell me they can get me more of my rate back in my salary - asked some obvious questions, e.g. bank account over here, tax loop holes etc but this is not my area of expertise in FS. Would love some advice? Thank you.

    #2
    Originally posted by sab View Post
    Hi Forum Members,

    British citizen - I have spent the last 3.5 years in Aus and contracting there. I have moved back to the UK and just got a contract at a bank. First time for me contracting in the UK - set up a Limited Company this week and have been contacted by a company called Darwin who tell me they can get me more of my rate back in my salary - asked some obvious questions, e.g. bank account over here, tax loop holes etc but this is not my area of expertise in FS. Would love some advice? Thank you.
    Welcome to CUK

    Well, I would just ask those posters who have been users of Darwin and are now facing BIG tax bills.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...heme-user.html
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Welcome to CUK

      Well, I would just ask those posters who have been users of Darwin and are now facing BIG tax bills.
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...heme-user.html
      Wcs you have been doing everything right just ignore Darwin and others who pray on your greed
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by eek View Post
        Wcs you have been doing everything right just ignore Darwin and others who pray on your greed
        Our father, who giveth thy greed...

        prey
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

        Comment

        Working...
        X