• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone know anything about the PPSA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know anything about the PPSA?

I've just been doing a bit of digging and noticed the company logos on their members page.
    https://www.theppsa.co.uk/Home/DirectoryOfMembers.html

Any stand out?
    Anyone know anything about PPSA?

A bit like the IFCP.
    https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...n_outfits.html
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Nope - but the director’s name rings a bell.

can’t look this week as I have things on but I’ll try to delve into why the name is familiar

equally there is not a chance in hell some (fairpay, parasol, paystream) of the listed umbrella’s are members for reasons I can’t disclose here
    Last edited by eek; 17 November 2023, 13:14.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Surprisingly, they're a sham. Dormant company and all. There’s actually a plethora of these. Normally set up to “accredit” their or their mate’s dodgy operation to make some recruiter think/say they’ve done due diligence.

Whilst I’ll grant that FCSA may not be everyone’s cup of tea (and were certainly and Aunt Sally for some) there are only two accreditation bodies in the umbrella world that count. One is us, the other I’m not giving free advertising to.
      Chief Executive, FCSA
      - Former CEO OF IPSE
      - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
      - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Surprisingly, they're a sham. Dormant company and all. There’s actually a plethora of these. Normally set up to “accredit” their or their mate’s dodgy operation to make some recruiter think/say they’ve done due diligence.

Whilst I’ll grant that FCSA may not be everyone’s cup of tea (and were certainly and Aunt Sally for some) there are only two accreditation bodies in the umbrella world that count. One is us, the other I’m not giving free advertising to.
        Chief Executive, FCSA
        - Former CEO OF IPSE
        - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
        - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bryce View Post
          [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]Surprisingly, they're a sham. Dormant company and all. There’s actually a plethora of these. Normally set up to “accredit” their or their mate’s dodgy operation to make some recruiter think/say they’ve done due diligence.
          Perhaps look at a couple of other threads I’ve posted on this afternoon.

Could there be a link?
          You might think so, I couldn’t possibly comment.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Perhaps look at a couple of other threads I’ve posted on this afternoon.

Could there be a link?
            You might think so, I couldn’t possibly comment.
            I was wondering why fairpay randomly appeared on the list of umbrellas they had “certified” with but reading the react thread it makes sense- I said fairpay were cheap and honest so they added it to the ones they added to the page
            Last edited by eek; 20 November 2023, 10:59.

Comment

The logo's on there have simply been swiped off the internet - I know of many on there that have not agreed to it

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bryce View Post

If you won't I will

Professional Passport

https://www.professionalpassport.com/
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

If you won't I will

Professional Passport

https://www.professionalpassport.com/
                  Most of us know that thanks; no need to shout.

Come to that, no need for a CEO to advertise a rival company is there?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Most of us know that thanks; no need to shout.

Come to that, no need for a CEO to advertise a rival company is there?
                    There are a number of dodgy “accreditation” schemes around at the moment - so I think it’s worthwhile to emphasis the ones that are not fronts for schemes

Comment

Working...
                    X