• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol umbrella in danger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol umbrella in danger

Recommend to move now

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/offpa...member_desktop

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Oh Dear…
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Rule 1 as a contractor is making sure the money you work for is under your control ASAP - and umbrellas add an additional step in the journey.

And its worth thinking why is James spending so long pointing out that an umbrella has a problem when he doesn't run an umbrella firm and isn't going to gain anything by doing so..

Which means that even though I have other people telling me nothing is going on I strongly suspect James is correct and if you are using Parasol you really should be looking at changing umbrella ASAP...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nothing there. has whatever it was been taken down? More context/links please?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Earlier on there were 4 posts about Parasol posted by offpayroll - all have now been removed.

Reality is though if you are not being paid immediately your umbrella has a problem..

Comment

I suspect that letters were involved…
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Funny coincidence but a Parasol guy was sitting on our table last Thursday and was trying to poach me.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can somebody give some more context here? I've been Parasol for a while, I get same day payments and the money is usually in my account by ~10-11am on invoice payment day.

The rest of the preferred supplier list was NOT good, and I've already moved from one dodgy brolly on there but I've had no issues or concerns with Parasol at all

Comment

Funny coincidence but a Parasol guy was sitting on our table last Thursday and was trying to poach me.
                  Salesmen have to always be continually selling...

Could equally be that Parasol are moving software provider and are having teething problems...

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    Can somebody give some more context here? I've been Parasol for a while, I get same day payments and the money is usually in my account by ~10-11am on invoice payment day.

The rest of the preferred supplier list was NOT good, and I've already moved from one dodgy brolly on there but I've had no issues or concerns with Parasol at all
                    Context is number of complaints that Parasol aren't paying money received on the day they received it - Offpayroll then seem to have run with it all of yesterday / this morning.

Separately the group that own Parasol were bought out last year (for reasons that are obvious if you look at when the final payments were due on the historic purchase of SJD and other firms) and are now in the middle of a major restructuring / (cost reduction exercise?)

Finally I believe Parasol are in the middle of a software provider change so it may be something over nothing or it may be an issue.

As we always point out here there is a reason why we recommend to try and use Clarity...

Comment

Working...
                    X