• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

umbrellas and private pension providers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umbrellas and private pension providers

Hi, last time I did a contract via umbrella it was years ago via Paystream and if I remember correctly, they didn't offer the option of paying pension contributions into my SIPP but instead I had to join their scheme.

Now I am in talks for another inside ir35 contract and I have a list of the 6 umbrellas approved by the client. Among these 6 umbrellas, only 1 say on their website that they'll pay into any SIPP. This umbrella is parasol and from a quick search here it doesn't have the best reviews

The other 5 umbrellas are:
    - paystream
    - nasa
    - brookson one
    - umbrella.co.uk
    - jsa

Do you know if any of these other 5 umbrellas let you pay pension contributions into the SIPP of your choice?

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    Hi, last time I did a contract via umbrella it was years ago via Paystream and if I remember correctly, they didn't offer the option of paying pension contributions into my SIPP but instead I had to join their scheme.

Now I am in talks for another inside ir35 contract and I have a list of the 6 umbrellas approved by the client. Among these 6 umbrellas, only 1 say on their website that they'll pay into any SIPP. This umbrella is parasol and from a quick search here it doesn't have the best reviews

The other 5 umbrellas are:
    - paystream
    - nasa
    - brookson one
    - umbrella.co.uk
    - jsa

Do you know if any of these other 5 umbrellas let you pay pension contributions into the SIPP of your choice?
    First point - just because they may support payment into a SIPP that doesn't mean they will support your provider - so after making a decision ask them directly before signing up with them...

NASA has decent reviews on here and people use them.

That list looks like a typical FCSA list so our advice would be to try and use Clarity Umbrella....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks.

So yeah, that's my question: do any of you know if one of the 5 umbrella I have listed allow you to pay into any SIPP with any pension provider?

From parasol website: "Parasol can make employer’s contributions to any existing private pension provider." Any of those 5 umbrella offer the same? I can't see it on their websites which makes me think they don't.

I used Nasa almost 10 years ago and more recently (4 years ago) I used paystream. Both great, only paystream back then didn't allow me to pay into any SIPP with any pension provider but I HAD to pick theirs. Just wondering if the situation has changed in these last 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        Thanks.

So yeah, that's my question: do any of you know if one of the 5 umbrella I have listed allow you to pay into any SIPP with any pension provider?

From parasol website: "Parasol can make employer’s contributions to any existing private pension provider." Any of those 5 umbrella offer the same? I can't see it on their websites which makes me think they don't.

I used Nasa almost 10 years ago and more recently (4 years ago) I used paystream. Both great, only paystream back then didn't allow me to pay into any SIPP with any pension provider but I HAD to pick theirs. Just wondering if the situation has changed in these last 4 years.
        Again the point is that unless we know your SIPP provider (which you haven't told us) and we are lucky enough to havew someone on here who reads this thread and uses that SIPP provider via one of those umbrellas you just won't know.

So pick up the phone and ring them....

from there you will have a shorter shortlist that we can discuss the merits of..
        Last edited by eek; 1 August 2022, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Again the point is that unless we know your SIPP provider (which you haven't told us)
          aegon
          aviva
          l&g
          royal london
          standard life
          scottish widows
          vanguard

either one would work

Comment

Obivously not the first post about which umbrellas do what pension stuff so try pumping umbrella and pension in to the google search and see what pops out?

I believe PC has explained what NASA's policy for a start
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

PayStream will do salary sacrifice into a SIPP and work with the providers below. They do charge a small, cheeky admin fee for each deduction.

Aegon
              AJ Bell
              Aviva
              BestInvest
              Fidelity
              Hargreaves Lansdown
              Interactive Investor
              Legal & General
              Old Mutual Wealth
              Prudential
              Royal London
              Scottish Widows
              Transact
              Standard Life

I switched to PayStream in May and they've been pretty good so far. Customer service, particularly by phone, is good and they resolve problems and answer queries quickly.
              I was previously with Parasol, and I would not recommend them due to the way they handled their cyber security incident earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by fulcon View Post
                PayStream will do salary sacrifice into a SIPP and work with the providers below. They do charge a small, cheeky admin fee for each deduction.
                Nothing wrong in charging an additional fee for work that you don't do for all workers.

And paying into a SIPP is extra work (even if it's only sanity checking that it's been done correctly)..

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

NASA has decent reviews on here and people use them.

They are not 10/10, but I would still recommend them, they have made a couple of minor errors but have always fixed things quite quickly when I raise them, which I rate more than a service I've had no problems with so no epxectations of what might happen if something major happens

EDIT; I use NASA to pay into a HL SIPP
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

They are not 10/10, but I would still recommend them, they have made a couple of minor errors but have always fixed things quite quickly when I raise them, which I rate more than a service I've had no problems with so no epxectations of what might happen if something major happens

EDIT; I use NASA to pay into a HL SIPP
                    I'm the same. Anyone can run a company if it goes right. It is when it doesn't that the quality starts to show. A lesson that anyone saying SJD's service is OK will learn at some point.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X