• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, here I am...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain what FCSA does please?
    FCSA is an organisation that "audits" its Umbrella Companies members and ensure they are compliant. Audits is in speech marks because even FCSA in their code of compliance don't call that an audit. Have a look on the page 3 of their code of compliance under Important Information: https://www.fcsa.org.uk/wp-content/u...plicants-1.pdf

Comment

Not a lot. Mainly a badge provider for lazy agencies. However, that may be about to change....

If Seb and Chris get their act together and if the audit processes on offer are both reliable and accurate and if they can avoid some obvious legal pitfalls, self-regulation of the umbrella industry might - just might - become an option.

Personally, I'm not betting on it, but we can live in hope!
      I guess I just have to conclude that I am terrible at explaining what we do on a forum ?

We don't need to get our act together with anyone. Our automated payslip checker has been live for 6 months.
      We are just releasing it to contractors at the beginning of April ?

It is coming no matter what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by SHere2Help View Post

I guess I just have to conclude that I am terrible at explaining what we do on a forum ?

We don't need to get our act together with anyone. Our automated payslip checker has been live for 6 months.

I have no doubt that it is. I await developments with much interest.

But I can't help thinking that an individual payroll check will show up discrepancies but won't have much of an effect on the wider industry, especially when the response will probably be along the lines of "Ah, oops, sorry about that, we'll correct your next payroll run". If there is a mechanism to tell the umbrella, their peers and their clients on both sides that they have been naughty and we have lots of your users who can prove it, well that's a different thing. I have one idea about how to make that happen, there are doubtless better ones.

I'm a totally disinterested observer of these events, just to be totally fair. I have no skin in the game these days, and only 26 years in and around contracting to base my opinions on. But sometimes that external viewpoint is worth seeing, even if you - possibly quite justifiably - disagree with it

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hey, just had a look at your offering an I am a little confused, it seems there is a cost for checking payslips, is it corract that I have to pay you to check to see if another organisation is acting leaglly or not?! Is the idea I then take the evidence from your service and present it to FCSA who can remove accrediation, neither of which would really help the contractor who is losing out

[sorry to take this OT]
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

FCSA is an organisation that "audits" its Umbrella Companies members and ensure they are compliant. Audits is in speech marks because even FCSA in their code of compliance don't call that an audit. Have a look on the page 3 of their code of compliance under Important Information: https://www.fcsa.org.uk/wp-content/u...plicants-1.pdf
            The review cannot, in itself, guarantee current, past or future compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and appropriate industry practices and neither should it be taken to mean that HMRC or any other professional or regulatory body will not enquire into any matter that is subject to the requirements of the FCSA Code of Compliance.

So FCSA themselves are saying they are useful as a chocolate tea pot
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have no doubt that it is. I await developments with much interest.

But I can't help thinking that an individual payroll check will show up discrepancies but won't have much of an effect on the wider industry, especially when the response will probably be along the lines of "Ah, oops, sorry about that, we'll correct your next payroll run". If there is a mechanism to tell the umbrella, their peers and their clients on both sides that they have been naughty and we have lots of your users who can prove it, well that's a different thing. I have one idea about how to make that happen, there are doubtless better ones.

I'm a totally disinterested observer of these events, just to be totally fair. I have no skin in the game these days and only 26 years in and around contracting to base my opinions on. But sometimes that external viewpoint is worth seeing, even if you - possibly quite justifiably - disagree with it
              Sure this is exactly what our solution will do: Communicate failed audits to all the supply chain.
              What you describe is exactly what it does. I don't want to keep dropping names but we have a platform for business and one for contractors. The offering I describe is only for contractors.

In my point of view, totally disinterested observers are the most objective ones. And I do not disagree with your view. I perfectly agree with it.
              I strongly believe contractors should be able to see if their Umbrella is above board. Today there is nothing. If an Umbrella is not compliant, all the supply chain should know about it.

Comment

Hey, just had a look at your offering and I am a little confused, it seems there is a cost for checking payslips, is it correct that I have to pay you to check to see if another organisation is acting legally or not?! Is the idea I then take the evidence from your service and present it to FCSA who can remove accrediation, neither of which would really help the contractor who is losing out
                [sorry to take this OT]
                It depends on who wants to use the solution. Several Agencies want to offer this solution to all their contractors. Therefore it will be free for contractors.

If you want to check on your Umbrella Company, it will have a cost but honestly, it is going to be affordable for everyone. Additionally, we have partnered with non-profit such as Contractor Voice for them to offer free audits.

The service will include Weekly payslip audits - Cross-reference with HMRC - Tailored alert on accrued holiday pay - Tracking your income and understanding your tax and deductions - weekly audit report to enforce your umbrella company to your recruitment agency.

Comment

Trust me I speak with eek every 2-3 weeks, it offends me every single time
                  Probs best to stick him on ignore then

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

So FCSA themselves are saying they are useful as a chocolate tea pot
                    I have always wondered if the FCSA compliant/member badge is a "believable or trustable thing". Think if I was a contractor now I just wouldn't care and pick the brolly on the PSL list that is recommended by the most people here, FCSA member/compliant or not!
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      And for those that don't know Chris is the new CEO of the FCSA - founded by Giant and various other "Umbrellas" when Crawford Temple threw Giant out of Professional Passport after he discovered the tricks that Giant were playing...

He was formerly the head of IPSE....
                      Thanks for explaining who's behind the most narcissistic first post I've ever read on these boards (ie. the assumption that readers would know who he is).

Comment

Working...
                      X