• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes definitely not fully connected yet. Password resets are not working and when I spoke to them on online Chat they advised that not all of it is running.

Comment

Still no sign of any payment - same for a number of colleagues too.... This dates back to work done in November, billed in December, for payment in January. Client has confirmed payment to Parasol (to me) but Parasol just don't seem to be able to understand when they've been paid - the remittance method is obviously not working.
      Last edited by pacontracting; 25 January 2022, 07:15.

Comment

Same here, no payment for November’s pension or my first week back in January. I’m not getting anymore timesheets signed off by the client until I’ve seen payment for these as I’m not throwing good money after bad. Considering moving umbrella but the emergency tax code will be punitive (can reclaim on my tax return I guess), and figure it might be easier to chase payment whilst I’m still employed by them.

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer2021 View Post
          Same here, no payment for November’s pension or my first week back in January. I’m not getting anymore timesheets signed off by the client until I’ve seen payment for these as I’m not throwing good money after bad. Considering moving umbrella but the emergency tax code will be punitive (can reclaim on my tax return I guess), and figure it might be easier to chase payment whilst I’m still employed by them.
          Unless you’ve not been employed for x months this year why would emergency tax be much different to what you are currently paying (and you could get it all back in April anyway if you are quick with your tax return).

also do you mean November’s pension payment or the pension payment for the work in November. The former should have been paid in November or early December at the very latest.

Edit to add - all the umbrellas I have complete details of (because of the product I'm launching) make SIPP payments on the day the appropriate payroll is run...
          Last edited by eek; 25 January 2022, 08:37.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Has anyone actually received any money from Parasol? I've not been paid for the work I did from Novermber onwards, despite contacting them every day and being promised to be paid. They have confirmed they have everything they need to make the payments and the agency has been in contact with them too. They keep promising to pay but don't ever send any money out.
            Could just be that they've no clue what they're doing due to the systems problems but Im beginning to suspect something more long term now.

Comment

So I've just been paid just. under 25% of my November Invoice. When I called today, they said they have the remittance, I gave them the invoice number and that I would be paid today etc then around 8pm I got a payment for 25% of what it should be. Not sure why it's only 25% if they have all the paperwork. The invoice on the website hasn't been updated so I'm guessing this is some sort of temporary payment unrelated to the actual invoice (the gross amount was a flat amount).

Also of note, their website is now prompting you to change your password to log in, but it's still the same website from 8th December 2021 (according to the version number).It's been over two weeks now. If this isn't financial risk - I have no idea what IR35 is all about.
              Last edited by pacontracting; 25 January 2022, 22:56.

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
                but it's still the same website from 8th December 2021 (according to the version number).
                Eh?
                If this isn't financial risk - I have no idea what IR35 is all about.
                WTF? You are employed so it's not financial risk. It appears you are right. You have no idea.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
                  So I've just been paid just. under 25% of my November Invoice. When I called today, they said they have the remittance, I gave them the invoice number and that I would be paid today etc then around 8pm I got a payment for 25% of what it should be. Not sure why it's only 25% if they have all the paperwork. The invoice on the website hasn't been updated so I'm guessing this is some sort of temporary payment unrelated to the actual invoice (the gross amount was a flat amount).

Also of note, their website is now prompting you to change your password to log in, but it's still the same website from 8th December 2021 (according to the version number).It's been over two weeks now. If this isn't financial risk - I have no idea what IR35 is all about.
                  Have you received a payslip and a payment summary or just seen some money arrive in your account?

The password one seems to be just sensible planning - best to set a new password in case the old one has been compromised.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Have you received a payslip and a payment summary or just seen some money arrive in your account?

The password one seems to be just sensible planning - best to set a new password in case the old one has been compromised.
                    I have received a payslip with the gross amount 25% that of the original invoice the payment was meant to be against. The tax code is showing as 0TX rather than 0T, and the payslip is in a different format to how it's usually sent.
                    Last edited by pacontracting; 26 January 2022, 07:43.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Eh?

WTF? You are employed so it's not financial risk. It appears you are right. You have no idea.
                      Unless you are directly involved in this, or have something constructive to say, I suggest you respectively refrain from posting.

I'm posting to this thread to keep others, in a similar position, updated, and to find out about other people's experiences.

Nobody involved in this needs, or wants, to hear your childish nonsense.
                      Last edited by pacontracting; 26 January 2022, 07:36.

Comment

Working...
                      X